If you want to change the theme of your Instagram profile, your first thought might be to delete old Instagram posts without deleting your entire profile. And it’s a good thought to have. Because it’s very simple to delete Instagram photos and videos in bulk, and without the use of a third-party app. Instagram provides a native feature to delete posts in bulk for free with the help of the Your activity feature. You can delete posts, Reel, IGTV videos, comments, or likes. Let’s check how to delete all Instagram posts.
Table of Contents
How to Mass Delete Instagram Posts
To delete multiple posts on Instagram, you must use the Instagram mobile apps (Android and iPhone) only. This feature isn’t available on the Instagram web version.
1. Update the Instagram app on your Android phone or iPhone.
2. Launch the Instagram app and go to your profile screen.
3. Tap on the three horizontal lines icon at the top. Choose Your activity from the menu.
4. You will reach the Your activity screen where you can review and manage all your Instagram activity, such as time spent, likes, comments, story sticker, searches, links, history, archive, recently deleted, posts, Reels, and IGTV videos. Tap on Photos and videos.
5. Tap on Posts if you want to mass delete Instagram posts. To delete multiple Reels or IGTV videos, tap on Reels and Videos respectively.
6. On the next screen, you’ll see a list of all your Instagram posts, sorted from most recent to oldest. Tap on Sort & filter to sort from oldest to new or to filter according to specific dates.
7. Press Select at the top and tap on the posts to select them.
8. Tap on the Delete button after done selecting the required posts.
The selected Instagram posts will be deleted and taken to the Recently deleted section. In case you accidentally selected a wrong post to delete, you can recover it within 30 days of deleting the post as shown in the Restore deleted Instagram posts section below.
How to Hide All My Instagram Photos Without Deleting
The above method will remove the Instagram posts from your feed and delete them permanently after 30 days. If you want to hide multiple or all Instagram photos without deleting them permanently, you can archive them.
To archive several Instagram posts, follow the 1-7 steps mentioned in the above method i.e., go to Instagram profile > three-bar icon > Your activity > Photos and videos > Posts > Select. After selecting the photos and videos, tap on the Archive button instead of Delete. Doing so will archive Instagram posts in bulk.
Tip: Find out how to delete archived stories on Instagram.
You can view your archived posts under Your activity > Archived. Tap on the down arrow at the top and select Posts archive to view the archived photos and videos. Open the archived post, tap on the three-dot icon, and select Show on profile to unarchive the post.
How to Mass Delete Saved Instagram Posts
To unsave or to remove saved Instagram posts in bulk, use these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android phone or iPhone.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines icon. Choose Saved from the menu.
3. You will be greeted by all your saved posts. Tap on All posts or any individual folder to open it.
4. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and choose Select from the menu.
5. Tap on the items to select them. Then, tap on the Remove from Saved button to unsave them. Alternatively, tap on Move to move the selected items to a different folder.
How to Mass Delete Old Instagram Likes, Comments, or Story Reactions
To remove any previous interactions from your Instagram profile, such as likes or comments that you have made in the past, follow these steps:
1. Open your profile screen in the Instagram app and tap on the three horizontal lines icon. Select Your activity.
2. Tap on Interactions followed by Comments, Likes, or Story replies depending on what you want to delete in bulk. Let’s say Comments.
Tip: Check out 15 tips and tricks to manage Instagram comments.
3. Use the Sort & filter to sort comments from old to new or according to specific dates.
4. Press Select and tap on the items to select. Hit the Delete button at the bottom to remove the selected comments.
Note: Deleted comments cannot be recovered.
Similarly, you can mass unlike posts and delete story reactions.
How to See and Restore Deleted Instagram Posts
To view and recover Instagram posts that you have deleted, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Instagram app.
2. Open your profile screen and tap on the three horizontal lines at the top followed by Your activity.
3. Tap on Recently Deleted on the Your activity screen.
4. You will see all the deleted Instagram posts along with the remaining number of days after which they will be deleted permanently. Tap on a post that you want to recover.
5. On the next screen, tap on the three-dot icon and select Restore.
Follow the same steps to recover other deleted posts from Instagram.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to Delete All Your Archived Posts on Instagram at Once
Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t provide any native way to mass delete archived posts. You will have to open each archived post and delete it.
2. How to Delete One Photo From Multiple Photos on Instagram
Open the Instagram post that you want to delete. Tap on the three-dot icon and select Edit from the menu. Scroll through the photos in the post and press the Trash icon on the photo or video that you want to delete.
In case deleting Instagram posts in bulk didn’t serve the purpose of hiding posts, you can deactivate your account temporarily. Also, find out how to remove saved login info from Instagram mobile apps.