YouTube Shorts is similar to TikTok and Instagram Reels where the videos are quite attention-grabbing and fun. So there could be several reasons for downloading YouTube Shorts. For instance, you could have deleted the original video from your phone, or you forgot the password of your channel. Fortunately, you can download YouTube Shorts videos with and without being logged in to the account.
Let’s check four methods to download YouTube Shorts on Android, iPhone, and PC.
How to Download Videos From YouTube Shorts
1. Download Own YouTube Shorts
To download your own YouTube Shorts video, you will need to open the YouTube Studio on PC. Log in with the YouTube account where your video is posted. Click on the Content tab from the left side. All your videos (regular and Shorts) will show up. Hover your mouse over the video that you want to download and click on the three-dot icon. Choose Download from the menu.
Tip: You can download both regular and Shorts videos using the method.
2. Download Other’s Shorts Video
YouTube offers a native way to download regular videos that work for Shorts as well. Even though such videos can be viewed offline, they open inside the YouTube app only. Meaning, they aren’t downloaded to your phone’s gallery. So you cannot view or share them outside of YouTube.
Unlike regular YouTube videos, you won’t find the download button while watching Shorts. However, a workaround exists that lets you download Shorts and watch it later without the internet.
To download Shorts for offline viewing, follow these steps:
1. Open the Shorts video that you want to download.
2. Tap on the channel name at the bottom of the video. You will be taken to the screen where you will see videos published by the channel. Again click on the channel name.
3. Tap on the Videos tab and locate the Shorts video that you want to download. Tap on the three-dot icon next to the video and choose Download video.
Another way to open the Shorts video like a normal video is to tap on the music icon at the bottom of the Shorts video. Then tap on the arrow icon next to the video title.
The video will open like normal YouTube videos. Tap on the Download button under the video. This method will come in handy if the video is using an original video. So you will only find one video under the music label.
To view the downloaded videos, open the YouTube app, and tap on the Library tab at the bottom. Then tap on Downloads and you will find the videos.
3. Download Videos Using YouTube Shorts Downloaders
If you want to download YouTube Shorts video to your phone’s gallery on Android and iPhone, you can take the help of YouTube video downloading websites. Where there are dedicated websites that let you download Shorts, you can also use the websites that download regular YouTube videos.
Here are the steps to download YouTube shorts video on Android and iOS using this method:
1. Open the Shorts video that you are interested in downloading. Tap on the Share icon and choose the Copy link from the menu.
2. Open https://en.savefrom.net/1-youtube-video-downloader-7/ in a browser on your phone or PC and paste the copied link in the available box. Tap on the button next to the box.
3. Scroll down and tap on the Download button. If you want to change the video resolution, tap on the arrow next to the download button and select the resolution.
4. On Android, the video will start downloading automatically and will be saved to your phone’s gallery.
On iPhone, tap on the Download button in the pop-up menu to start the download. You will find the downloaded video in the Files app.
So open the Files app and navigate to the Downloads folder. Open the video and hit the Share button followed by Save video if you want to view it using the Apple Photos app.
Apart from the above-mentioned website, you can use the following websites as well:
If for some reason, you are unable to download videos using the above steps on iPhone, the Documents by Readdle app might serve the purpose. Launch the browser present inside the Documents by Readdle app and open one of the above-mentioned websites, paste the video link, and download the video. The downloaded video will show up in the Documents app itself. Simply drag or move the video to the Photos app.
4. Download YouTube Shorts Using Open-Source Apps
If you want to download Instagram Reels or other videos, you can easily install an app from Play Store or App Store. However, the same cannot be done for YouTube Shorts. But thankfully, open-source video downloader apps like New Pipe exist that can be used to download videos from YouTube Shorts.
1. Install the New Pipe APK from the official website. You will be asked to grant permission to install apps from unknown sources. Allow it.
2. Once installed, open the app. Tap on the search icon at the top and paste the link to the Shorts video. You can get it as shown in step 1 of the above method. Press the Enter key.
3. The app will load the video. Tap on the Download button under the video and choose the various parameters. Finally, tap on Ok to download the video.
Wrap up: Download YouTube Shorts
Those were four ways to download YouTube Shorts. There is a possibility that the video downloading websites may shut down, be abandoned, or won’t work due to copyright issues in the future. If that happens, you can use other methods to download videos from YouTube Shorts. If you are interested, find out how to make GIFs from YouTube videos on mobile and PC.