Are you trying to recall the name of an app that you installed long ago but then uninstalled? If you try tons of apps, I’m sure you are in the same boat as I am. What if I tell you there are easy ways than trying to use one’s goldfish memory to see a list of uninstalled apps? So without wasting time, here’s how to find deleted apps on Android easily. Let’s begin.
How to Find Deleted Apps on Android
1. Using Google Play Store
Google Play Store has a feature that lets you check previously installed apps. Since it’s a native feature, you don’t need to download a third-party app or sign in separately. Before you move on to the steps, make sure you’re logged in through the same Google Account previously used. This also helps in restoring previous purchases if any.
1. Open Google Play Store on your phone.
2. Tap on the profile picture icon at the top and select Manage apps & device from the menu.
Pro Tip: Touch and hold the Play Store icon on the home screen and select My apps to reach the same screen.
3. Tap on the Manage tab.
4. Then, press the Installed button and choose Not installed from the menu.
5. Here you will see the list of deleted apps. Since you don’t have a search option, simply scroll down to find the app you’re looking for. Use the Sort icon to sort alphabetically or most recently installed.
Tip: If you cannot find the app you’re looking for, try changing your Google account from the top-right profile picture icon on the Play Store homepage.
6. Once you do find the app you’re looking for, tap on the app to view the app details page and hit the Install button to download it again on your phone. Or, tap on the checkbox next to the apps to select multiple apps. Then, hit the Install button at the top to download multiple apps.
2. Using the Play Store Website
You can also see the list of deleted or previously installed apps on your Android phone from the Play Store’s website.
1. Open play.google.com in a browser.
2. Click on the profile picture icon at the top and go to Library and devices.
3. Go to the Apps tab. Here you will find all the apps currently and previously installed on your phone. Click on an app to view its details and hit the Install button to install it on the selected device.
Pro Tip: You may reach the Apps screen directly by visiting play.google.com/apps.
3. Using Galaxy Store
If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, you should check the Galaxy Store as well to find the deleted apps. Here are the steps for the same:
1. Open the Galaxy Store app on your phone.
2. Tap on the three-bar icon at the top and select My apps from the menu.
3. You will see both the installed and deleted apps. To filter them, tap on the Sort and Filter icon and turn off the toggle next to Show installed apps. Hit the OK button.
4. Now, you will only see the deleted apps. Scroll down to find the desired app or tap on the Sort and Filter icon again to sort by date, name, or size of the app.
Tip: Find the difference between Galaxy Store and Play Store on Android.
4. View Uninstalled Sideloaded Apps
Since there is an app for everything on Android, there’s an app to check the history of deleted sideloaded apps as well. However, the app won’t show the apps that were deleted before you installed the recovery app. You can keep it installed on your phone to check uninstalled apps (installed from Play Store or sideloaded) in the future.
1. Install the App Manager app on your Android phone.
2. Open the app and grant the necessary permission.
3. You will the list of currently installed apps on your phone. Tap on the three-bar icon and select Removed apps from the menu.
4. You will see the history of removed apps from your phone. Look for the Installed from label under each app to identify whether it was installed from the Google Play Store app or sideloaded using APK file.
Tip: You can also use App Recovery to find deleted apps on your Android phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to find an app that has been deleted from the Play Store?
Play Store will show the apps (installed or not installed) that are still available on it. If an app has been removed by the developer, you must find its APK through APKMirror.com or APKpure.com provided you remember its name.
2. How to find purchased apps on the Play Store?
To find purchased apps on Google Play Store, tap on the profile picture icon in Play Store and select Payments & subscriptions from the menu followed by Budget & history. Scroll down to find the desired app.
3. How to check app install history on an Android phone?
You can use Google Play Store’s Manage apps section to view the app install history. Or, use third-party apps like App Install History to view the list of installed apps on your phone along with other details.
If you ask me, I prefer the native method because you don’t need an extra app installation. However, if you’re someone like me who tests tons of apps, going with the third-party app to find deleted apps is a more viable option. Lastly, learn how to check apps trending in each country.