Is your WhatsApp status not showing views from a particular person? Or are you unable to see how many people have viewed your WhatsApp status? If you are riding in the same boat and came here looking for help, here’s how to fix WhatsApp status not showing views on Android and iOS both. Whether you are a tech-savvy user or a casual user, by the end of this post you will know how to get back those status views on WhatsApp.
Table of Contents
1. Check Status Privacy Settings
The Status Privacy setting is a common reason why you see no views or fewer views than usual on your WhatsApp status.
Let’s take a look at the steps to get the Status Privacy setting back to default on your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to the Status tab and then tap on Privacy near the top left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on My Contacts to select it. Now the next time you post a status, it will be visible to all of your contacts.
Let’s take a look at the steps to get your WhatsApp status privacy settings back to normal on an Android smartphone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone and tap on the Status tab.
2. Now tap on the kebab menu (three dots icon).
3. Tap on Status privacy.
4. Tap on My contacts to select it. Now the next time you will post a status on your WhatsApp, it will be visible to all and should reflect in views like before.
2. Turn Flight/Airplane Mode On and Off
Sometimes, network issues can also force WhatsApp to malfunction and not display Status views correctly. In that case, turning Flight/Airplane mode on and then off might help. Let’s take a look at how to do this on iOS and Android.
Here are the steps to turn on Airplane Mode on your iPhone.
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap to open it.
2. Tap on the toggle next to the Airplane Mode to enable it.
3. Wait for a few seconds and turn it off. Now go back and check WhatsApp, it should work if there was a network issue.
Let’s take a look at the steps to turn on Flight Mode on your Android smartphone.
Note: We’re using a Samsung Galaxy phone for reference. But if you are using a different phone, you can search for Flight/Airplane mode in the Settings app of your smartphone. It s should also be visible in the quick setting panel.
1. Open the Settings app and tap on Connections.
2. Tap on the toggle next to the Flight mode to turn it on.
3. Wait for a couple of seconds and turn it off again. Go ahead and check your WhatsApp, if there was a network issue it should do the work.
3. Turn on Read Receipts
If by mistake, you turned off the Read Receipts on WhatsApp, then WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to see Status views. Let’s learn how to enable Read Receipts of WhatsApp messages on iOS and Android.
Here are the steps to enable the Read Receipts on WhatsApp on iOS.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Settings tab.
3. Now tap on Privacy.
4. Tap on the toggle next to Read Receipts next to turn it on. Now whenever you post a new status, it will show you the views.
Let’s learn how to enable Read Receipts on WhatsApp on an Android smartphone.
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the kebab menu (three dots icon).
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Now tap on Privacy.
4. Tap on the toggle next to Read receipts to turn it on. Now the next time you will post a status, it should show you the correct Status views.
4. Force Close App and Open Again
Sometimes, force closing WhatsApp and opening it back can fix the status views problem. Let’s take a look at how to do so on iOS and Android.
Here are the steps to force close WhatsApp on iOS devices.
1. Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen and hold to open the App Switcher.
2. Swipe up on WhatsApp to force close it.
3. After a few seconds, open WhatsApp back and it should be displaying the views for your status updates.
Let’s learn how to force-stop WhatsApp on an Android smartphone.
1. Navigate WhatsApp on your Android smartphone and long press on it.
2. Tap on the “i” button.
3. Now tap on the Force stop near the bottom side of the screen.
Note: We’re using a Samsung Galaxy phone for illustration purposes. Hence, steps to open app info may vary on your phone.
4. A pop-up will appear on the screen, tap on OK and WhatsApp will be closed. After a few seconds, try opening WhatsApp again and it should be showing views for the statuses.
5. Update WhatsApp
If you are still having issues with WhatsApp status not showing views, this might be a bug in WhatsApp itself. In this case, updating WhatsApp on the App Store and Play Store is the appropriate solution. Let’s learn how to do so on iOS and Android.
Here are the steps to update WhatsApp on iOS devices.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone and tap on your profile picture near the top right corner of the screen.
2. Now tap on Update All to update all apps along with WhatsApp.
3. Tap on Done.
If you are using WhatsApp on an Android device, then here are the steps to update WhatsApp.
1. Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone and tap on the search bar.
2. Type WhatsApp and tap on WhatsApp to open it.
3. Check if there’s an update available or not and if yes, tap on Update.
1. If I have read receipts enabled but someone else has it disabled, will I still be able to see views from that person?
No. You will see all WhatsApp Status views, but you won’t see viewers’ names in the views list of your status. For that, they need to enable Read Receipts from their side as we saw above.
WhatsApp Status Views Mystery: Solved
These are some common yet effective solutions for WhatsApp not showing views. Whatever the mystery behind it, after trying out either one or a combination of solutions that are mentioned above, you’ll be able to view your WhatsApp status views back again. I hope this article was of great help to you.
Did you know that you can now search WhatsApp messages by date? Learn how.