Instagram polls offer a great way to interact with followers and also get their opinion or choice. Sadly, the regular Poll sticker only lets you add two options. What if you want to add another option to it? Fortunately, there are workarounds to add multiple polls on Instagram. Let’s check how to add more than 2 options on Instagram polls.
How to Add Multiple Polls on Instagram Poll
You can use the Emoji slider, Quiz sticker, and Emoji reactions as workarounds for adding more options on Instagram polls.
1. Using Quiz Sticker
One of the best ways to add multiple options in your Instagram poll is by using the Quiz sticker. The Quiz sticker lets you add up to 4 options instead of 2 as present in the regular poll sticker.
The thing with this sticker is that the creator needs to select one correct option. That’s because it’s basically a quiz sticker that tells the users the right answer after they have selected an option.
If that gets you worried as to how the users will react to the right answer showing up since there is none in a poll, you can always add a disclaimer. Also, the users will see the right answer after tapping on an option, not before that. That’s a relief as the user will not be confused at the beginning itself.
Here’s how to use this sticker:
1. Create a story and click on the Sticker icon. Select Quiz sticker from the available list of stickers.
Tip: Find out what is the ‘Add Yours’ sticker on Instagram and how to use it.
2. The Quiz sticker will show up on the story. Add the title of your poll in the typing area. Then type the poll answers. In the beginning, you will only see space for adding two values. However, don’t worry. Fill the second option and the third place will show up. The same goes for fourth place. Tap on the right side of any option to make it the correct one. Tap on Done or the checkmark icon to add to the story.
2. Using Emoji Slider Sticker
The second option to add more than 2 options in an Instagram poll is by using the Emoji slider sticker. You need to add multiple values in this sticker at different intervals in a way that the viewers can easily react to it by dragging the slider to the position of the option they want to select.
Here are the steps in detail:
1. Create an Instagram story by adding a picture or video.
2. Tap on the Sticker icon at the top and choose the Emoji slider from the list.
3. You can add the poll values directly in the Emoji slider typing area. However, Instagram sometimes sends the text to the next line if there are more characters. The best practice is to leave the typing area of the Emoji slider empty and add the poll question and options using the regular text option in stories.
Before we do that, you can customize the sticker to suit the aesthetics of your story. For instance, you can change the reaction emoji from the available list of options at the bottom. Similarly, tap on the color palette icon at the top to change the sticker background color. Tap on Done. Finally, put the sticker in the appropriate place on the story.
4. Tap on the Aa option to add the poll values to the story and keep it above or next to the Emoji slider depending on how you have positioned the slider.
5. Again using the Aa text option, add the poll question to the story.
That’s it. Publish the story. You can view the poll results by opening the published story and swiping up. Note the position of the slider for results.
3. Using Quick Reactions
Instagram has a bunch of quick reactions that show up when you want to reply to a story. You can use the same feature to get answers for more options on your Instagram polls.
Basically, besides adding the regular Poll sticker, you can add text to your story and ask people to react with the given emoji. For instance, if you have to ask people, “What phone brand do they prefer”, you can add two options such as Google and Apple in the Poll sticker. Apart from that, add brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, OnePlus, etc., using the text feature along with an emoji that the users should select while reacting.
This method has a disadvantage which is you will have to manually count the emoji reactions in your inbox. It will be troublesome for people with lots of followers. But if you have fewer followers, you can use this feature to add 3 or more poll options on Instagram.
Note: Make sure story replies are enabled for your profile by going to Instagram Settings > Privacy > Story. Enable the toggle for Everyone under Allow message replies.
4. Using Poll and Emoji Slider Sticker
If you want to add three or four answers to your polls in an easy way, you can use the combination of the regular Poll sticker and Emoji slider sticker. What you need to do is add two values in the Poll sticker and the other one or two on the Emoji slider. It’s important to inform the user that the two options are in the Emoji slider sticker. You can say something like make emoji slider 50% for option 3, and 100% for option 4. You can see the results of both the stickers in your story.
Pro Tip: You can add all the three stickers – Poll, Emoji slider, and Quiz on one story if you want to have multiple polls.
The Best Story
The final result of the Instagram story depends on how creative you are and how you can make the most of the Instagram features. Check out our guide on the best Instagram story hacks and ideas. Also, find out how to change the background color or photo behind the Instagram story.