A working email address linked to your Instagram account will come in handy in case you forget your account’s password. But that’s not all how an email address is useful. If you have a business profile, you can keep your email address public so that users can contact you directly via your email. Moreover, you can also promote your email ID in a story. But how does one put an email ID on Instagram? Find the answer in this post where we tell you how to add an email to your Instagram account, bio, or story.
Table of Contents
How to Add or Change Email on Instagram Account
Whether you want to link an email address to your Instagram profile or update an existing one, you can do it from both mobile and PC. Please note that personal information like your email address, phone number, or birthday is private on Instagram.
How to Add or Update Email on Android and iPhone
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Tap on the profile picture icon at the bottom to go to your profile screen.
3. Tap on the three-bar icon at the top and select Settings and privacy.
4. Go to Accounts Center followed by Personal details.
5. Tap on Contact info followed by Add new contact button.
6. Select Add email address.
7. Enter the email address that you want to use with your Instagram account. Also, select your Instagram account at the bottom, in case you have multiple accounts linked to the same email address. Please note that the new email address will replace the existing email address, if any. Tap on Next to confirm.
8. Finally, you will be asked to confirm the new email address.
Note: You can reach the Personal page by tapping on the Edit profile button on your profile. Then, select Personal information settings. Moreover, in case you don’t find the Accounts Center option in Instagram Settings, go to Account > Personal information > Email.
How to Add or Update Email on PC
1. Open the Instagram website in a browser on your PC and log in to your account.
2. Click on the More option at the bottom and select Settings from the menu.
3. Go to See more in Accounts Center under Accounts Center.
4. Click on Personal details followed by Contact info.
5. Click on Add new contact followed by Add Email Address.
6. Enter your email address in the given field and select your Instagram account. Click on Next.
7. Confirm your new email address and your Instagram email address will be changed.
How to Add an Email Contact Button in Instagram Bio
You must have noticed many Instagram accounts have an Email or Contact button on their Instagram profile. If you want to add a similar button to your bio so that your email is visible publicly, you must switch to an Instagram Professional account first and then add an email button.
We have divided the steps into two sections:
1. Convert your Instagram Account to a Professional Account
1. In the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone, go to your profile screen by tapping on the profile picture icon at the bottom.
2. Tap on the three-bar icon followed by Settings and privacy.
3. Select Account type and tools at the bottom.
4. Tap on Switch to professional account and follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip: Learn how to add multiple links to your Instagram bio.
2. Add Contact Button to Instagram Profile
After converting your profile to a professional profile, follow these steps to add an email button to your Instagram profile:
1. Go to your Instagram profile.
2. Tap on the Edit profile button.
3. Go to Contact options and add the email address.
4. Enable the toggle next to Display contact info and press the checkmark icon to save the changes.
5. If you don’t see the Display contact info option, go back and tap on Profile Display and enable the toggle next to Display contact info.
Note: If multiple forms of contact are added to your profile i.e., phone number, email address, etc., you will see the Contact button on the profile instead of Email or Phone. Users will have to tap on it to see the email address. Alternatively, remove other modes of contact except for the email address. You will then have the Email button on your profile.
How to Add Email to Instagram Story
Instagram offers a native feature to add links in a story using Link sticker. However, the same feature isn’t available for email. But don’t worry, you can still add email in the text form. The only difference is that the email will not be clickable. Users will have to manually copy-paste the email to the email app.
To do so, follow these steps:
1. Open the Instagram app and create a new story.
2. Tap on the Aa icon to add text to your story.
3. Enter the email address that you want to show to people. You can customize the text color, font, and size using the available tools.
4. Tap on Done and press the Your Story button to publish it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to change your Instagram email without logging in?
While there is no direct way to do so, you can try by submitting a support request to Instagram if you have lost access to the linked email address or phone number.
2. What is my email on Instagram?
Go to Instagram Settings and tap on Account Center. Go to Personal details followed by Contact info. You will see the email address registered with your Instagram account.