Making your server a part of the Discord partner program will give it some unique advantages over other communities. You get a custom URL, server banner, a special badge, and a custom invite splash. Along with that, you also get access to a Discord’s partner-only server and an option to make your server featured on the Discord discover page. To access all these additional benefits for free, learn how you can apply to become a Discord partner.
How to Become a Discord Partner
Not every server can apply for Discord partner. It needs to hit certain engagement stats before applying. Here’s how you can check out your server’s eligibility and apply to become a Discord partner.
1. Open Discord and open your server from the left server bar.
2. Now click on the Server name at the top of the sidebar and select the Server Settings option in the drop-down menu. If you cannot see the Server Settings option, your profile lacks eligibility role to access it. You can contact the admin or the one in a higher role to do it for you.
3. In the Server Settings, choose the Enable Community option in the left sidebar. Without community in your server, you cannot apply to become a Discord partner.
4. On the Community page, click on the Get Started button.
5. Now toggle on the checkbox beside Verified email required and Scan media content from all members. Then click on Next.
6. Here, select the channels that Discord should send rules and guidelines and community updates. If you don’t have any channels for such things but want one, select Create one for me and click Next.
7. Now toggle on the checkbox beside Default notifications to Members only and Remove moderation permissions from @everyone. You don’t have to manually do them, by enabling the checkbox, Discord will automatically change the settings for you.
8. Now toggle on the checkbox beside I agree and understand and click on the Finish Setup option. You have finally enabled your server as a community. Now you can apply for the partner programme.
9. To do that, click on the Partner Programme option in the left sidebar.
10. Click on the Apply for Partnership button. If you cannot click on that button, your server is not yet eligible for the same.
11. You can scroll down and check eligibility requirements. Here’s the criteria to become a Discord partner.
- Your server should have at least 500 members.
- The Server age should be more than 8 Weeks.
- Should be recognized as a safe and with no bad words allowed.
- At least 50 active users should exist on the server that chat every week.
- At least 100 users should exist on the server that opens the server every week.
- The server should have at least a 20% weekly retention rate.
- Also, all admins and moderators of the server should enable the 2FA for their accounts.
12. If your server meets the criteria, you should be able to click on the Apply for Partnership button. On the next page, fill out the form by selecting what type of server you are verifying from Company, Artist, Public Figure, Open Source Project, Game Studio, Non-profit, etc.
13. On the next page, share your details such as your name, website, your social media accounts, etc. along with the server invite link.
14. Once done, click on the Submit button to submit the form.
You have successfully applied for the partner programme for your server. The Discord team will go through a verification process and decide to select your server as a partner or not. You should get verified if the server is based on you or your company. But if your server is a fan community or represents something that you don’t know, then you may not get verified at all. You should get a reply from Discord in a week to your email.
Benefits of Becoming a Discord Partner
Once your server is selected in the Discord partner program, you can create a custom URL, server banner, animated server icon, a server invite splash screen, and a partner server badge. You also get more bitrate in voice channels which means you get better audio quality in the voice channels. Your server will get to feature the Discord Discover page that may help people find your server more easily.
The server owner also gets a partner profile badge and one month of free nitro. Plus, the option to join an exclusive partner-only Discord server.