Have you been looking for a setting on your Apple Watch to change the analog time to digital or vice versa? Sorry to disappoint but you will not find any. That’s because it doesn’t exist. But you might have seen people sporting both digital or analog time on their Apple Watch. So how does one switch between analog and digital time on Apple Watch? Let’s find the answer in this post.
Table of Contents
How to Change Analog to Digital on Apple Watch
To change the analog time to digital time or vice versa, you simply have to change the clock aka watch face on the Apple Watch. That is, you have to use the watch face that shows the time in the preferred format. You will find multiple watch faces in both the time formats.
Here are two methods to change the watch face on your Apple Watch.
Method 1: Change Watch Face on Apple Watch
To change the watch face using the Apple Watch, follow these steps:
1. Touch and hold (i.e., long press) the current watch face until you see the Edit button at the bottom.
2. Swipe left or right multiple times to cycle through the available watch faces. Tap on the watch face that you want to use depending on whether you want digital or analog time.
3. If you don’t find an appropriate watch face from the current watch faces, swipe left multiple times until you see the (+) button on the New screen. Tap on it to install new watch faces.
4. You will be greeted by the available watch faces. Scroll down and tap on the Add button on the clock face that you want to use. Swipe left on the watch to customize the available parameters. Scroll the digital crown to change the parameters. Then, press the digital crown to go to the newly added watch face.
Method 2: Change Watch Face on iPhone
You can also download and apply the digital or analog watch face from your iPhone. This method lets you check and customize the watch faces in a more satisfactory way as compared to doing it on Apple Watch.
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Face Gallery tab at the bottom and find the desired watch face having digital or analog time as per your preference.
3. Tap on the watch face and hit the Add button. Scroll down on the same screen to edit the watch face parameters like color, symbols, complications, etc. Once added, the watch face will show up on your watch.
Pro Tip: Learn how to eject water from your Apple Watch.
Bonus: How to Show Digital Time on an Analog Watch Face
If you are the kind of person who is fond of both time formats, you can display both time formats on your Apple Watch. For this trick to work, you will have to set an analog watch face like Simple on your Apple Watch and then add a Word clock complication to it.
Here are the steps in detail to show both analog and digital time:
1. Touch and hold the current watch face on your Apple Watch.
2. Swipe left until you see the (+) Add button.
3. Scroll down and tap on the Add button for the Simple watch face or any other analog watch face.
4. You will be taken to the customization screen. Swipe left twice to go to the Complications screen. Tap on any one of the complications present at the four corners depending on where you want to display the digital time.
5. Scroll down on the available complications screen and tap on the city under World Clock.
6. Press the Digital Crown to go to the watch face. Here you will see the analog watch face with the digital time showing in the corner.
7. If you see the city abbreviation in the digital time and you want to remove it, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Pro Tip: Learn the meaning of symbols and icons on the Apple Watch.
8. Then, scroll down in the app and tap on Clock followed by City abbreviations on the next screen.
9. Tap on the current city. Remove the existing abbreviation using the X button next to it. Then, replace it with a space by pressing the Spacebar on your keyboard. Press the Back button to save the changes.
That’s it. Go to your watch face. You will see that the abbreviation has vanished from the digital time on your watch face.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to quickly switch between watch faces on Apple Watch?
Go to the watch face screen. Then, swipe right or left from the watch edge to see the watch faces that you have added. The watch face on which you will stop will be set as the default watch face.
2. How many watch faces can you add to Apple Watch?
Apple hasn’t put any restrictions on the number of watch faces that you can add to your watch.
3. How to customize the current watch face?
Touch and hold the current watch face. Then, tap on the Edit button at the bottom to customize the watch face.
Modify Your Apple Watch
I hope you were able to switch between the analog and digital time on your Apple Watch. If you don’t like the watch faces, check out the best watch faces apps for Apple Watch. Also, check the best Apple Watch timer apps.