If you are planning to buy a second-hand Samsung smartphone, there’s an easy way to check the phone’s hardware like the speaker, display, sensors, microphone, etc. without installing any third-party app. All you have to do is enter a secret code from the phone’s dialer app. Here’s how.
Check Used Samsung Smartphones
1. Open the Dialer (Phone) app on your Samsung phone.
2. Type this code *#0*# (there’s no need to tap on the Call button).
3. You will see a secret diagnostic menu with many options to test the phone’s display, speaker, camera, mic, all sensors, etc.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions one by one.
1. Will it work on all Samsung smartphones?
Mostly yes, we have tested this on Samsung S22, Samsung A72, and Samsung M series. So, it’s fair to assume it’ll work on other Samsung smartphones too. However, if you enter the code and nothing happens, chances are this feature is disabled on your device by your network provider.
2. What if I don’t have a Samsung phone?
This functionality is baked into most Android phones by OEM. The activation code may be different depending on the phone’s brand. For example, you can find this option on Xiaomi phones under Settings, search for the Kernel version, and tap on it 3 times. On Realme phones, this option is available under the diagnostics option under phone manager. For any other smartphones, you can use apps such as Phone Doctor Plus.
Buying or Selling your Old Samsung Smartphone
Overall, this diagnostic menu comes in handy when you buy a second-hand or refurbished phone and you don’t have access to the internet to download an app. Or even when you want to sell your old Samsung phone and want to make sure the device doesn’t have any major problems.
Also Read: 8 Quick Ways to Silence Samsung Galaxy Phone