This feature was long overdue, nonetheless, now we have the ability to connect Discord with Xbox. Not just that, you can transfer Discord voice channels to your connected Xbox. But for that, you need to use the Discord app on the phone instead of Windows. Here’s how to connect and use Discord with Xbox.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Your Discord and Xbox Accounts
You can connect both accounts from either Discord or even Xbox. The connection process can be done from the desktop apps and even from their mobile apps. You can also use your Xbox console to connect to Discord if you want.
1. First open the Discord app or the website, and click on the cog icon at the bottom left to open the user settings.
2. Here select the Connections option in the left sidebar. Then click on the Xbox icon to begin connecting Discord with Xbox.
3. In the pop-up, click on Continue, again on Continue on the next pop-up to start signing in with Xbox.
4. Now in the pop-up window that follows, sign up with the Microsoft account to login into Discord. Then click on Yes for Discord to access your Xbox profile info.
5. On the next page, click on the Authorize and Continue button to successfully connect your Discord and Xbox accounts.
The process of connecting from the Discord app on phone is mostly the same. Here are the steps.
1. Open the Discord app, and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner. Now select the Connections option on the next page.
2. Then tap on the Add button at the top right corner. On this page, select the Xbox option from the list. Now tap on the Get Started button on the next page. Then tap on Continue to sign in to Xbox.
3. It opens a web page where you will need to log in to your Microsoft Account. Once done, tap on the Authorize and Continue button to connect both accounts.
Alternatively, you can connect both the services from the Xbox app too. Here’s how:
1. Open the Xbox app on your PC and sign in if you haven’t already. Once done, click on your profile name at the top left corner and select the Settings option.
2. In Settings, you can scroll down to the Linked accounts section and click on the LINK button beside Discord.
3. It opens a web page where you can log in to Discord and Authorize the connection.
Or you can do it from the Xbox app too.
2. Now tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner and then tap on the cog icon at the top right corner.
3. Here select the Linked accounts option and tap on the Link option beside the Discord option.
4. It opens a web page where you can log in and Authorize Discord.
How to Transfer Discord Voice Channels to Xbox
Once connected, you can transfer your Discord voice channels to your Xbox Console. This entire process only works from the Discord mobile app and also make sure that you have connected the Console to your Xbox mobile app. Once done, you can start the process.
1. Open the Discord app on your phone and open any server where you can join a voice channel with your friends.
2. Here select any voice channel to join and tap on the Join Voice button.
3. Once you are in any voice channel, scroll up and you should find the Transfer to Xbox option. If you cannot find this option, make sure that your Xbox is logged in with the Xbox account that you have linked with Discord.
That’s it, now you can talk and listen to the Discord voice channel while playing games on your Xbox at the same time.
1. What are the Advantages of Connecting Xbox and Discord?
The main advantage is transferring the voice channel to Xbox. You can do that by connecting the Xbox and Discord and then installing the Xbox and Discord mobile apps. Other than that, you can display your Xbox details on your Discord profile and it also shows rich presence status on Discord when you are playing on Xbox.
2. Can I Join a Voice Channel Directly From the Xbox Console?
No, you cannot join the voice channel directly from the Xbox. You need to rely on an Android or iOS device by joining a voice channel on your phone. Then you can transfer the voice channel to your Xbox.
3. Can I Transfer the Voice Channel from the Discord Desktop App?
No, you can only transfer the voice channel from the Discord app on Android or iOS. Anyhow, we can look forward to that feature as Discord and Xbox integration is still new.
Xbox x Discord
Apart from just connecting Discord and Xbox accounts, both can be connected to many other services too. For example, Discord can be connected to Facebook, GitHub, Twitter, Twitch, etc. whereas Xbox can be connected to Reddit, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Though the connection process is mostly the same for all the platforms, they all do different things when connected.