An internet connection is what makes a TV smart. Therefore, it should be easy to connect to or change the Wi-Fi network on smart TVs. Fortunately, Samsung smart TV doesn’t disappoint. If you have purchased a new Samsung smart TV or want to change the Wi-Fi of your TV, you have arrived at the right place. Let’s learn how to connect to Wi-Fi and change the Wi-Fi network or password on Samsung smart TV.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi Using Remote
Follow these steps to connect Samsung smart TV to Wi-Fi with the help of the remote:
1. Press the Settings button on the remote of your Samsung TV.
If you don’t find the Settings button, go to the home screen of your TV and navigate to the Settings button present in the bottom bar. Press the select button on the remote to open settings.
2. Select General in Settings and choose Network.
3. Go to Open network settings.
4. Select Wireless. You can also select Mobile if you are using a Wi-Fi dongle. However, if you are using a hotspot, select Wireless only.
5. Select the Wi-Fi that you want to use on your Samsung smart TV. Please note that some Samsung TVs only support 2.4 GHz networks. So you might not see the 5Ghz Wi-Fi in the network list.
6. Enter the Wi-Fi password using the remote. Use the arrow buttons to navigate around the digital keyboard. Press the selection button to enter a letter. I would suggest enabling the Show password option so that you can see the Wi-Fi characters that you have entered. When done, go to the Done button on the keyboard and select it.
7. A confirmation screen will show that the Wi-Fi has been set up successfully on the TV.
Tip: Learn how to stop Samsung TV from automatically playing.
How to Change Wi-Fi on Samsung Smart TV
To change Samsung TV Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
1. Go to Samsung Smart TV Settings > General > Network > Open network status > Wireless.
2. You will see a checkmark next to the Wi-Fi network that is currently connected to your Samsung TV.
3. Select the new Wi-Fi network that you want to switch to.
4. Enter the password of your Wi-Fi and that’s it. You have successfully changed the Wi-Fi network on your Samsung Smart TV.
Interestingly, this method lets you save multiple Wi-Fi networks on your TV (just like on your mobile) and switch between them whenever you like. So, in the above steps, your TV will have Wi-Fi details of both your old and new Wi-Fi networks.
However, if you want to completely delete a Wi-Fi network from your TV, follow the next method.
How to Change Wi-Fi Password on Samsung Smart TV
If you want to change the Wi-Fi password of the currently connected Wi-Fi network on your Samsung smart TV, you will have to delete the existing Wi-Fi network first. Follow the steps given in the above method to delete the Wi-Fi network.
Once deleted, connect to the same Wi-Fi network again as shown in the Connect to Wi-Fi section, and enter the new password.
How to Delete Wi-Fi Network on Samsung Smart TV
To forget a Wi-Fi network on your Samsung smart TV, follow these steps:
1. Open TV Settings > General > Network > Open network status > Wireless.
2. Select the Manage saved networks button.
3. Then, select the Wi-Fi network that you want to delete and choose the Delete button.
How to Change or Connect to Wi-Fi on Samsung TV Without Remote
If your Samsung TV remote isn’t working or it’s not nearby, you can use the Samsung SmartThings app to control your Samsung smart TV. This app is available on both iOS & Android. However, this method has a drawback that your TV must already be connected to a Wi-Fi network. If that is the case, you can use the SmartThings app to navigate the TV settings and change or connect to a new Wi-Fi network as shown below:
1. Download and open the SmartThings app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Log in to the same Samsung account that is registered on the TV.
3. If you are using the app for the first time, you must set up the TV first. To do so, go to the Device tab at the bottom and tap on (+) Add device.
4. Choose TV from the list of products on the screen and select Samsung TV on the next screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the TV.
Note: If the SmartThings app doesn’t detect the TV, turn Wi-Fi on or off your mobile.
5. Once the TV has been added to the SmartThings app, go to the Devices tab in the app and tap on your Samsung TV.
6. Tap on Remote. Press the Home icon to go to the TV’s home screen.
7. Tap on the 4D pad to open the touchpad. Swipe in the desired direction to navigate around the TV. Tap on the touchpad to select an item on the screen.
Using this touchpad, go to Settings > General > Network > Open network status > Wireless on the TV as shown in the above method. Select the Wi-Fi that you want to connect to and enter its password.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to reset network settings on Samsung Smart TV?
Go to TV Settings > General > Network > Reset network. Confirm on the screen that shows up. Resetting network settings will remove all the saved Wi-Fi networks from your TV. You will have to connect to the Wi-Fi network again.
2. Why can’t my Samsung TV find my Wi-Fi?
Some TVs do not support 5 GHz wireless network. That could be one reason why your Samsung TV isn’t detecting the Wi-Fi network. Another reason could be the distance between your TV and Wi-Fi router. Try to keep them close to each other. If you still face Wi-Fi issues on your TV, learn how to fix Samsung TV not connecting to Wi-Fi.
3. Can all smart TV connect to Wi-Fi?
Yes, all smart TVs have built-in Wi-FI. You get smart TV from different brands like Samsung, Sony, LG, Apple, etc. Some TVs run on Android TV OS whereas Samsung TVs have Tizen OS.
Once you successfully connected to Wi-Fi on your Samsung smart TV, learn how to add or manage apps on your TV. Also, know how to connect your Android or iPhone to Samsung smart TV.