Many times, we need to submit documents, school projects, or even Govt. IDs online. Clicking a picture is an easy way to send the file and most of us use the native camera app for it. However, most websites only allow one PDF file to be uploaded. So, how do you combine multiple images into one PDF file on Android? There are three ways to turn multiple pictures into a single PDF on Android. Let’s check the methods.
Table of Contents
1. Using Google Drive
Google Drive is the safest option to convert multiple images into a single PDF file on Android as it comes pre-installed on almost all Android phones. The drawback of this method is that you must capture new photos and convert those into PDF documents. You cannot use existing images and convert them into PDFs.
1. Open the Google Drive app on your phone.
2. Tap on the floating (+) add icon and select Scan from the menu.
3. The Camera interface will open. Point the Camera towards the picture and hit the Capture button.
4. If you are happy with the photo, tap on the Checkmark icon.
5. You will get many editing and formatting options on the next screen. Here’s what each icon means:
- Back Icon: Tap on this icon to discard the photo and capture a new photo.
- Color Palette: Use this icon to select the color mode for the photo, such as black and white, color, color drawing, or none.
- Rotate: This icon lets you rotate the captured image.
- Crop: Use the crop icon to crop the captured image.
Tap on the Add (+) icon to capture more photos for your PDF file.
6. Once you capture other photos, swipe right or left on the screen to view all the photos. You can edit them individually using the options mentioned in step 5. If you want to remove any photo, tap on the (-) Remove icon at the bottom.
7. When all your images are finalized, tap on the Save button. Name your PDF file and select the Google Drive account and folder to save the PDF file. Hit the Save button.
8. The PDF file will start uploading to Google Drive. If you want to download the PDF file to your Android phone, open the Google Drive app and go to the folder where you saved the PDF file.
9. Tap on the three-dot icon next to the PDF file and select Download. The downloaded PDF file will show up in the Downloads folder of your phone.
Tip: Learn how to free up space in Google Drive.
2. Using Microsoft Lens
If you want to create a PDF file from multiple images present in your phone’s gallery, you should use the Microsoft Lens app. It lets you create PDF files both from the existing images as well as from Camera.
1. Install the Microsoft Lens app on your Android phone.
2. Open the app and you will see the screen to capture new photos. You can do that or swipe up to see the existing images on your phone.
3. Tap on the desired images to select them for your PDF file and hit the Next (>) icon at the bottom.
4. Adjust the area that you want to include in the picture. Tap on the picture thumbnails at the bottom to preview and edit them. Once you are satisfied with the final images, tap on the Confirm icon.
5. You can then add more images, apply a filter to the image, crop, rotate, reorder, or add text to images. Finally, hit the Done button.
6. Give a name to your PDF file and select the box next to PDF. Also, tap on the arrow next to the PDF option and choose save location from Phone storage or OneDrive. Lastly, tap on the Save button to download the PDF file.
3. Using Third-Party App
Let’s check the steps to convert images into PDF using PDF Convertor app on Android.
1. Install the PDF Convertor app from the link given above.
2. Open the app and grant the necessary permissions.
3. Under the Create new PDF section, tap on Images to PDF. Tap on Select Images to open the gallery.
4. Now select the images you want to add by tapping on the top right corner of each image. Once you’re done, tap on Apply from the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. You’ll notice the Create PDF option is enabled, tap on that. You can either keep the default title or use a specific file title. After you give it a title, hit OK.
6. If you see a green tick on the next page, that means you’ve successfully combined images to PDF. To view the PDF, tap on Open PDF. That’s it, you’ve successfully combined images to PDF. You can later access the PDF file in the Files app by going to Internal Storage > PDF Convertor
Although the PDF Converter is a free app, it has tons of useful PDF features that you can use to tweak your PDF file. The most useful out of them is the Password Protect PDF feature, which allows you to lock your file to make it more secure. There is also an Edit Image option where you can crop the image & rotate it.
Here are some of the extra features in the app:
- Merge multiple PDFs
- Compress PDF
- Zip to PDF
- Split PDF
- Image compression
- Adding a border
- Rearrange image
- Enabling page numbers
- Add watermark, etc.
I hope you were easily able to combine images into PDF on your Android phone with these methods. Now, whether you want to send documents or your kid’s school project, follow the above steps and you’ll get the PDF in no time. Check out the best PDF editors that do not add watermarks. Also, take a look at the best PDF compressor apps. If you own an iPhone, learn how to convert images into PDF on iPhone.