WhatsApp, the Meta-owned messaging platform, keeps adding new features to cater to the growing audience type and demands. One such recent addition is the Call Links feature, which allows users to easily create and share a WhatsApp call link with others. If you’re curious to know more, this post contains everything you need to know about the new Call Links feature on WhatsApp. So, let’s check it out.
Table of Contents
Understanding WhatsApp’s Call Links Feature
WhatsApp’s Call Links feature functions similarly to Google Meet or Zoom links. It basically allows you to share call join links across multiple platforms. This way, you can invite people to join your voice or video call even if they are not on your contact list.
Any WhatsApp call links you create are end-to-end encrypted, and anyone with a WhatsApp account can join your call by clicking the link.
Currently, WhatsApp’s Call Links feature is only available on Android and iPhone. That said, one can definitely expect this feature to make its way to the desktop app in the future.
Now that you’ve got a basic understanding of the feature, let’s see how you can create and share WhatsApp call links from your Android or iPhone.
Follow these steps to create and share WhatsApp call links from your Android phone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone and navigate to the Calls tab.
2. Tap on Create call link at the top.
3. WhatsApp will automatically generate a call link for a video call. If you want to create a link for a voice call, tap on Call type and select Voice.
4. Once you have the link, tap on Send link via WhatsApp. Select the contacts and groups with whom you want to share the call link, and then tap the right arrow at the bottom to send the link.
Alternatively, you can also copy the link to your clipboard or share it directly on another platform.
The option to create WhatsApp call links is also available on the iPhone. Here are the steps you need to follow to create and share a WhatsApp call link from your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the Calls tab at the bottom.
2. Tap on Create Call Link at the top.
3. Tap on Call Type and select Video or Voice.
4. Lastly, use the Share Link or Copy Link option to share the WhatsApp call link with friends and family.
Want to share your WhatsApp call link as a QR code? Check out these best offline QR code generators for PC and Mobile.
How to Join a WhatsApp Call via Link
Once you receive the link to join a WhatsApp call from a friend or co-worker, simply tap the Join call option and then select Join from the following screen. You’ll see the name of the person sharing the link at the top.
After you’ve joined the WhatsApp group call, you can also add participants from your contact list.
1. How long does a WhatsApp call link last?
A WhatsApp call link expires if it has not been used for 90 days.
2. Why don’t I see the option to create a call link on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp’s Call Links feature is gradually rolling out to all Android and iOS devices. If you don’t see this option, update the app from Play Store or App Store and wait for the feature to arrive.
3. How many people can participate in a WhatsApp group call at the same time?
A WhatsApp group call can have up to 32 people at the same time.
4. Can I use a WhatsApp call link to join a call from my computer?
Since WhatsApp call links are not supported on the desktop, you can not use a WhatsApp call link to join a call from your computer.
Ready for a Quick Call?
WhatsApp’s Call Links feature is certainly a welcome addition. Although there are several other conferencing apps out there with more features, WhatsApp remains the preferred option due to its massive user base. If WhatsApp is your go-to platform for making video calls, check out how you can record those WhatsApp video calls on your Android or iPhone.