Want to create your very own custom stickers from photos to share with friends? You can do it easily with the latest One UI 6 update in Samsung Galaxy Phones. A
Table of Contents
Custom Stickers on Samsung Galaxy Phones
Custom stickers were introduced with the advent of One UI 5. However, the functionality was quite limited then, and you could only share the created stickers as photos. But this is further improved with the One UI 6 update in Samsung Galaxy Phones.
We’re testing the said feature in the flagship S23 series on One UI 6 with Android 14, but it can also be implemented in the midrange Galaxy A-series if it’s running the latest One UI 6, though the results may vary.
Create Custom Stickers From Photos in Samsung Galaxy Phones
1. To create custom stickers for Samsung Galaxy Phones with One UI 6, open the Gallery app and navigate to the photo you want to create a sticker from.
2. Hold on to a subject in the photo for about 5 seconds. For example, a pizza in a food snap, a friend posing for a photo, or a plant or tree. You’ll observe a ripple animation on the screen and feel a slight vibration if the phone finds a valid subject in the photo to clip.
Note: You can try to tap and hold multiple times in a photo if the phone doesn’t recognize a subject in the first go.
3. Move your finger away from the screen after the haptic feedback and you’ll see a few options. Tap on Save as a sticker to save the picked-up clip as a sticker on your phone.
Pro Tip: You can also save the subject clip as an image from the three-dot menu, and get an image of yourself with a transparent background.
4. Now repeat the same process to get your custom stickers from different photos.
Using Custom Stickers in Messages
1. To access the saved stickers in your messaging apps, open a friend’s chat and tap on the emoji icon on the keyboard top bar. Now, scroll to the left in the top row of the keyboard, and you should see a custom sticker icon.
2. Tap on the custom sticker icon. All your saved stickers will be present in this list and you can tap on any of them to share the stickers in the chat.
3. You can also use the same method in the Samsung Notes app to create unique and creative notes with your custom stickers made from your photos.
Using Custom Stickers in Photo Editor
You can also use your custom stickers in the editor menu of the Samsung Gallery app.
1. To open the photo editor, tap on the pencil icon when viewing any photo in the gallery. Then switch to the emoji-with-pencil icon in the bottom bar.
2. Tap on Stickers, and then tap on the gallery icon in the bottom navigation bar.
3. This will give you access to all your saved stickers. Tap on any of the stickers to add them to a photo and save it to complete the edit.
Stickers in One UI
Now you can create custom stickers from photos in your Samsung Galaxy phones and be as creative as you want. Using our guide you can also impress your friends with your truly unique and intuitive methods.