Weather alerts on your Android or iPhone are helpful as they prepare you for whatever’s out there. However, if you don’t find these alerts useful, they can end up distracting you throughout the day and crowding your phone’s notification panel. Fortunately, it’s fairly easy to disable weather alerts on your Android or iPhone. Let’s see how.
Table of Contents
How to Disable Weather Alerts on Android
The steps for turning off weather notifications can vary depending on the Android skin your phone is running. For those with stock Android, simply disabling weather alerts from the Google app should be enough. If your phone is running a custom Android skin, such as One UI, you will also need to disable notifications for the weather app offered by the phone’s manufacturer.
How to Disable Google Weather Alerts on Android
The Google app on your Android sends notifications for daily forecasts, rain alerts, and other weather-related news. If you are not interested in receiving these alerts, you can modify notification preferences for the Google app on your phone. Here are the steps for the same.
1. Long press on the Google app icon and tap the info icon from the resulting menu.
2. Tap on Notifications and select Notification categories from the following menu.
3. Disable the toggle next to Current weather conditions and Weather alerts for changes and forecasts.
If you continue to receive weather alerts even after this, you should check the Google Assistant routines on your phone to ensure that they are not set up to send weather alerts. Here’s how you can go about it.
1. Open the Google app on your phone. Tap on your profile icon in the top right corner and select Settings.
2. Tap on Google Assistant and select Routines from the following screen.
3. Go through each of your routines one by one and ensure that none of them are set to send weather alerts on your phone.
If a routine is set to send weather alerts, select it and tap the Remove action option at the bottom.
How to Disable Weather Alerts on Samsung Galaxy Phones
If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, you will also need to disable weather alerts from the Samsung Weather app. For that, use these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your phone and navigate to Apps.
2. Tap the search icon at the top to locate the Weather app. Then, tap on it.
3. Tap on Notifications and disable the toggle next to Allow notifications.
Once you complete the above steps, the Samsung Weather app will not send any weather-related notifications on your Galaxy phone. Similarly, you can disable notifications for any third-party weather app installed on your phone.
How to Disable Weather Alerts on iPhone
By default, the Weather app on your iPhone sends alerts when rain or other severe weather events are forecasted in your current location. Here’s how you can stop receiving those alerts on your iPhone.
1. Open the Weather app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the menu icon (three stacked lines) in the bottom right corner.
3. Tap the kebab menu (three dots) in the top right corner and select Notifications from the resulting menu.
4. Under Current Location, disable the toggles next to Severe Weather and Next-Hour Precipitation. Then, tap Done in the top right corner.
1. How to enable emergency weather alerts on Android?
Open the Settings app and navigate to Safety and emergency > Wireless emergency alerts. Then, enable the toggle next to Allow alerts.
2. How to add a weather widget on my Android?
Tap and hold anywhere on the empty spot on your home screen and select Widgets. Tap on Weather and select from the available widget options.
3. How to add weather to the iPhone lock screen?
You can use one of the lock screen weather widgets in iOS 16 to add weather to your iPhone lock screen.
Say Goodbye to Annoying Weather Alerts
If you are someone who relies on the weather widget on your phone or computer to keep up with changing weather conditions, weather notifications can be overwhelming. Thankfully, it’s relatively simple to disable weather alerts on your Android or iPhone.
Can’t focus on your work due to the constant flow of notifications? It’s a good idea to use Do Not Disturb mode on your Android or iPhone to silence notifications and calls during work hours.