Google recently introduced ‘Bubble’ in Android 11. It works similarly to Facebook Messenger Chat heads, i.e. it shows your text conversation in a little bubble that floats over your other apps. But as expected, the latest version of Android is not available for every smartphone. So, meanwhile, you can take the help of third-party apps to get chat bubbles for every chat app just like on Android 11. Here are the apps that can help you to do that.
Also Read: Best Prank Apps for Android (2020)
Android 11 Chat Bubbles on unsupported phones
1. Direct Chat
Direct Chat is the closest replica for Android 11’s chat bubbles. Unlike all the other apps in this list, Direct Chat has the most customization options, such as dark mode, customizing bubble look, remembering the last position of the bubble, etc, and also provides a lot of settings specific to an app. For example, on WhatsApp, you have the option to only bubble personal chats but not group chats, etc.
Anyhow, this app cannot display messages you received before installing the app. It also bubbles all the notifications including notifications like “Checking for new messages”, “Backing up your messages” etc. Anyhow, Direct Chat has a subscription plan of $4.99/3months instead of a one-time payment
- Cleanest and responsive bubbles
- Blocks chat notifications, so you won’t get notified in 2 ways at the same time.
- Doesn’t notify you when you are using the same app
- Cannot display previous messages before you install the app
- Bubbles all the notifications from chat apps
- Subscription plan
Download Direct Chat
Flychat is similar to Direct Chat in many ways including the, but the chat bubble doesn’t support features like adding images, location, etc. This also gives you a separate chat bubble for each conversation sometimes. Apart from that, Flychat also supports customization and it also bubbles only messages instead of all notifications. Comparing to Direct Chat, Flychat has the best advantage when it comes to pricing as it is a single time payment of $2.49.
- Bubbles only chat messages instead of all notifications.
- Doesn’t notify you when you are using the same app.
- One-time payment for all premium features
- Gives you a separate chat bubble for every conversation making the screen cluttered with chat bubbles
- Doesn’t support additional features add images, location, making calls, etc. You need to open the respected app for it.
- Cannot add applications on our own.
There are many other chat bubble apps like bubble notifications, bubble chat heads, etc. They may serve the same purpose but looks and feels completely different from what Google is offering with Android 11. Anyhow, comparing all the apps, Direct Chat is obviously better but if you are looking for cheap ads-free service, I definitely recommend Flychat.
Also read: How to Change Fonts in WhatsApp Chats