As your Discord server gets bigger, the number of channels on the server will also increase to accommodate different activities. While each channel has its own use case, you as a user may not be taking advantage of all of them. More channels on the server only make it harder to find the one you need. If you are also part of a server with too many channels, you can now hide unwanted channels on Discord. As this is an in-built Discord feature, it works on all the servers for all the users. Here’s how you can hide channels on any Discord server and only view them when needed.
Table of Contents
How to Hide Channels on Discord Server on Desktop
1. Open any Discord server that you want to hide channels on either the Discord desktop app or the web app.
2. Now click on the Channels & Roles or Channels option at the top of the server’s left sidebar.
3. Now click on the Browse Channels tab at the top of the page. (Some servers don’t have the Customize tab, so you can skip this step on such servers).
4. On this page, you can view a list of all the channels on the server. Simply disable the checkbox beside the channels that you want to hide on this Discord server.
5. As soon you disable the checkbox, those channels will be hidden instantly. To see any of the hidden channels again, get back to the same page and enable the checkbox beside those channels.
6. If you want to go back and unhide all channels temporarily, no need to enable all the checkboxes again in the settings. Click on the server name at the top left corner.
7. Then enable the checkbox beside Show All Channels. That’s it, you will be able to see all the channels on the server instantly.
With this new Discord feature, now you can hide channels on any Discord server but also unhide all of them whenever you want easily with a single click.
How to Hide Channels on Discord Server on Mobile App
1. Open the Discord app on your Android or iPhone. Then open the server that you want to hide the channels.
2. On the server, select the Channels & Roles or Channels option at the top of the server. Now tap on the All Channels option.
3. Here disable the checkboxes beside the channels that you want to hide. Later you can enable the channels on the same page.
4. To unhide these channels when needed, instead of unchecking them all, tap on the kebab menu beside the server name and then enable the toggle beside Show All Channels option.
How to Mute and Then Hide Muted Channels on Discord Server on Desktop
Alternatively, Discord also provides another option to hide channels. You can mute the channels and hide all the muted channels.
1. Open the server on the Discord desktop or the web app. Now open the channel that you want to hide.
2. On the channel page, click on the bell icon in the top bar. In the menu, select Mute channel and then select Until I turn it back on option. You can mute as many channels on the server as you want similarly.
3. Once muted, click on the server name at the top left corner and then enable the checkbox beside the Hide Muted Channels option.
How to Mute and Then Hide Muted Channels on Discord Server on Mobile App
1. Open the Discord app, select the server, and then open the channel that you want to mute.
2. On the channel page, tap on the people icon at the top right corner.
3. Now tap on the Notifications option with the bell icon and then select Until I turn it back on option. Repeat the same for all channels that you want to mute and then hide.
4. Finally, tap on the kebab menu (three-dot menu) beside the server name and then enable the toggle beside the Hide Muted Channels option.
Hide Channels on Discord Server
Now no matter how big of a server you have joined, you can just keep the channels that you joined the server for. No more searching for the channels you want. In case, if someone mentioned you in the channel that you have hidden, then Discord will start showing that channel in the left sidebar again until you checked the message. Also, checkout, what happens when someone blocks you on Discord.