Instagram has been busy launching new features left, right, and center. A slew of new features was released back to back confusing the end users making it hard for them to keep track of all of them. Some of them are Reels, Replying to Instagram Comments with Reels, Digital Collectibles, and now Notes. Let’s talk about Notes and how to post these notes on Instagram.
Table of Contents
What Exactly Are Notes on Instagram
Notes is basically a “story” on Instagram but in a text format, which is visible on the DMs page. And anything you post there will be visible to the selected audience for a period of 24 hours. You can use this note creatively for broadcasting a piece of quick information with your close ones for example. Whenever they will open their DMs page, they should see the notes floating on top of all the DMs and can have a quick look at your note. Okay, enough intro about Instagram Notes. Let’s have a look at how to post Notes on Instagram now.
How to Post a Note on Instagram
1. Launch the Instagram app on your Android phone or iPhone. Tap on the Messenger icon on the top corner of the screen. Once you’re on the DMs page, you’ll see your profile picture and your note just below the search bar. Tap on your profile picture to share a note.
2. A new page will open, and it will be saying Leave a note on the top side of the screen. Type a note, then select an audience after that tap on share. And your note will be shared with the selected audience. You’ll be able to see your note on the DMs page. If you further want to delete your note or add another note, tap on your profile picture again.
Note: For now Instagram only allows you to share a note with the followers you follow back or your close friends on Instagram.
3. You’ll find two options, leave a note and delete note. You can tap on either of them and continue editing notes accordingly. You can also tap on someone else’s note from the DMs page and reply to that person’s note and the same applies to other people for your note also.
Must Read: How to Pin or Unpin Posts on Instagram.
1. Can I turn Instagram Notes off?
No, you can’t turn off Instagram Notes as of now. Maybe Instagram will allow this in a future update.
2. What happens to the previous note after adding another note on top of it?
When you add another note, the previous note automatically gets deleted.
3. For how long will a note be visible on Instagram?
As discussed previously, Instagram Notes are visible only for 24 hours just like stories.
4. Can I mute a person’s Instagram Note?
Yes, you can. To do so, open the DMs page and long press on that person’s note. It’ll show you an option to mute notes. Tap on mute notes and you’re good to go.
Notes on Instagram
Instagram Notes is a new feature and its use case isn’t exactly clear. Instagram is a visual platform that revolutionized how images and selfies are shared online. It was created for visual media like images and then videos. Notes is new and whether it takes off is yet to be seen.
Instagram tests multiple features before rolling them out globally to its large and diverse user base. So, Notes might catch on turning into the hot new thing on Instagram, or maybe it’ll be scraped in the future. But as long as it’s there, it’s good to make the most out of Instagram.
By the way, did you know you can now create QR codes for sharing profiles, reels, and even stories on Instagram? Yup, that’s right.