Did you accidentally remove the Instagram app icon from your phone and now you can’t find it? Or, do you want to add the Instagram app icon on the home screen of your phone or PC for faster access? Whatever the reason, this post shall help you in adding the Instagram app back on the home screen on Android, iPhone, and PC.
Table of Contents
How to Put Instagram App Icon on Android Home Screen
Follow these steps to add the Instagram app icon on the home screen of your Android phone:
1. Open the App Screen on your Android phone. It’s the screen where you see all the installed apps. You will have to either scroll up on the home screen or tap on the All Apps icon.
2. Look for the Instagram app icon. Once you find it, long press and drag it toward any edge of the screen. Keep holding and the home screen will show up. Leave the Instagram app icon on the home screen.
That’s it. You have successfully added the Instagram app icon on your Android phone’s home screen.
Tip: Learn how to add a file or folder shortcut to an Android phone’s home screen.
How to Put Instagram App Icon on Samsung Home Screen
1. Open the App Screen on your Samsung Galaxy phone. It can be accessed by swiping up from the home screen.
2. Find the Instagram app icon. You can use the search at the top. After you find it, long press it and tap on the Add to Home button.
3. In case you don’t see the Add to Home button, simply hold and drag the icon toward the top or bottom edge. The home screen will show up. Leave the app icon to add it to your home screen.
Tip: Know how to change app icons on a Samsung Galaxy phone.
How to Put Instagram App Icon on iPhone Home Screen
1. On your iPhone, swipe left multiple times to reach the App Library. It’s the screen where you will see all the installed apps on iPhone categorized into different folders.
2. Look for the Instagram app inside the Social folder. Or use the search at the top to find the Instagram app.
3. Once you find it, long press it and tap on Add to Home Screen from the menu.
4. If you don’t see the Add to Home Screen option, that means the Instagram app icon is already on your home screen. If you can’t find it on the home screen and want to add another app icon, don’t worry. Simply, hold and drag the Instagram app icon from App Library toward the home screen.
Tip: Check out the best tips to customize the home screen on your iPhone.
How to Put Instagram App Icon on Desktop (Windows)
1. Install the Instagram app on your Windows computer.
2. Click on the Start Menu icon and then click on All apps.
3. Scroll down and look for Instagram. Then, hold and drag it using your mouse to your desktop.
Pro Tip: Right-click the Instagram app icon and select Pin to taskbar or Pin to start to put it on the taskbar and Start Menu respectively.
How to Add Instagram to Home Screen from Chrome
In case you want to add the Instagram web app to your computer’s home screen, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Open www.instagram.com in Chrome.
3. Click on the three-dot icon at the top and select More tools followed by Create shortcut.
4. A pop-up window will show up. Click on the Create button.
That’s it. The Instagram web app’s shortcut will be added to your home screen from where you can access it quickly.
Tip: Check out other ways to create website shortcuts on a desktop from Chrome.
How to Add Instagram Account Shortcut to Home Screen (Android Only)
Typically, if you have multiple Instagram accounts added to your phone, you will have to first open the app and then switch between them. However, you can add account shortcuts on your Android phone’s home screen. Tapping on the shortcut will instantly switch to the selected account.
There are two ways to add an Instagram account shortcut icon on your Android phone’s home screen.
Method 1: From Instagram App
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Long press your profile picture at the bottom.
3. The profile switcher window will show up. Long press on the account whose shortcut you want to create.
4. The Add to Home screen window will appear. Tap on Add to create and add the account icon on your phone’s home screen.
Similarly, you can create shortcuts for other Instagram accounts on your phone’s home screen.
Method 2: From Instagram App Icon
1. Long press the Instagram app icon on the App screen or on the home screen.
2. The app shortcuts menu will show up. Long press the account name and drag it to the home screen.
The account icon will be added on the home screen. It will automatically show a different account once you log in into the first account. Basically, it will cycle between the accounts.
Note: In my testing, this method worked for two accounts only and not more than that.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What to do if you are unable to add Instagram to the home screen?
If you don’t find the Instagram app icon, make sure it’s installed on your phone or PC. You can also try reinstalling it from respective app stores.
2. How to update the Instagram app on phone?
Open Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone) and search for Instagram. Tap on the Update button to update the Instagram app. Check out other ways to update apps on an Android phone.