We have already seen how you can put two photos side by side on Windows and Android. However, they require you to download and install an app. What if you are not working on your personal computer or smartphone? What if you are working on a work computer or a friend’s device? Fortunately, there is a free but powerful web app that makes it damn easy to put two images side by side online using any browser on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
Use Canva to Put Two Pictures Side by Side on Any Device
For those who have never heard of Canva, it is a powerful image editor with smart features that makes it foolproof to edit images. Also, it has a large repository of stock-free images that you can use for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. But enough with the chit-chat. Let’s get down to some before/after image comparisons by putting two photos side by side online in a web browser.
1. Open Canva on your favorite browser on any computer OS.
2. Click on the Login button in the upper right corner of the site that loads.
3. Sign in using your Google or Facebook account to skip entering details manually and verifying your email id. You can then sign in using that account anytime, quickly. Give necessary permissions in the pop-up that follows when or if asked.
4. Click on the Create a design button in the upper right corner, to begin with placing two images side by side for comparison online.
5. Canva will now ask you to choose the platform and purpose for which you want to create a side-by-side comparison design online like Instagram Story or Post, logo or resume, Facebook, and more. Use the search bar to find what you need and click once to select. I will go with an Instagram post here.
Note: You can also enter custom width and height if you need something specific from the same menu.
6. In the left sidebar, you can search for photos, elements, backgrounds, and so much more. I will be using a red and green apple example for this post. Simply click to add the photo or element to the canvas and then click and hold to drag them around.
7. You will see grid lines that will help you align objects accordingly or resize them.
8. You can add text to further describe what your followers are looking at and why. Simple click on Text from the left sidebar and choose a heading or style and then type your message.
Once done, you can move around text, rotate, change font size, color, type, and more. It is easy to add and edit text in Canva just like you can do with objects or elements.
9. Once you are happy with the end result, simply click on the Share button to either copy a shareable link to the image, download the image in PNG/JPEG format, or share it on your social media profile directly.
And you are done. It is easy to create a side-by-side comparison photo on Canva within minutes.
Compare Photos and Results Easily
Canva is a powerful image editor for those who don’t know how to use Photoshop or other advanced and confusing image editing tools. Canva makes it dead easy to put two photos side by side online to draw comparisons using templates, making the background transparent, and more. We recommend and use Canva ourselves here at TW but are not affiliated to them in any way.
Note that Canva is also available on Android and iOS which should make your life much easier. Do try.