Instagram Reels is the most successful TikTok clone of all. Now, Instagram has released a new TikTok feature called Remix. The duet feature on TikTok is used to upload a video next to another user’s video, sort of like a response video. While it’s been one of the most used features on TikTok for challenges, it was not available on Reels until now.
Here’s how to make remix videos on Instagram reels and all the other things you need to know before getting started.
Table of Contents
How to Access the Remix Feature on Reels
One thing to remember is that you cannot make a remix for reels that are uploaded before April 1, 2021. So it might not work on every reel. Users can also block the remix feature for their reels. A much-needed privacy feature. Finally, you cannot make a remix of another remix like you can on TikTok. Having said that, here’s how you can remix the reels. The remix is easy to access.
1. Just open the reel that you want to remix and tap on the three-dot menu icon at the bottom right corner.
You should find the Remix This Reel option at the bottom of the menu. Tap on it to begin remixing the reel.
But there are few differences compared to making the reel on your own. You do not have the option to change the video layout, speed, and length. It has to be set beforehand.
2. You can tap on the Audio option and Delete the original audio used in the post and add your own audio if you want to.
3. Now just press the Shutter button to record your reel besides the reel you want to remix. Once done, tap the Back arrow to trim your video.
4. Tap on the Forward arrow button to continue to the next step. Here, you can add stickers, give a voiceover to your reel, and more.
5. You also have the option to adjust the audio mix between the original and your video.
6. Once done, add a caption, crop profile image, tag people, and you are ready to share it.
How to Enable Remix for Older Reels
The remix feature will work for Instagram reels that were uploaded after the feature was introduced. But if you want to allow people to remix your older videos, you can easily do that by opening the reel that you want to enable the remix feature for. Tap on the three-dot menu and select Enable Remixing. Instagram users can now remix your older videos too.
You also disable the remix feature for individual reels in the same way.
How to Disable Remix for Instagram Channel
Remixing Reels might be an amazing feature to collaborate and increase your followers, but what if you don’t want people to mess with your reels? You can always disable the remix feature altogether for your Instagram channel.
1. Open your profile page and tap on the hamburger menu icon at the top right corner.
2. Go to Settings > Privacy.
3. Tap on Reels and toggle Enable Remixing option to turn off the remix feature for all your reels in Instagram.
Wrap Up: Remix Instagram Reels
While Instagram Remix for Reels works pretty much the same way Duet works on TikTok, there are a few subtle but notable differences. You can make a duet video for another duet on TikTok, but you can’t make a Remix for another Remix on Instagram. You can’t go back to the original Duet in TikTok, but on Reels, you have the option to go back to the original Reel.
Also Read: How to Add Multiple Photos to One Instagram Story