The Mi Fit app doesn’t automatically sync with popular workout apps like Strava, Nike Run Club, etc. One way to fix this is by using third-party apps like Notify for Mi Band app to upload workout data from the Mi Band 5 to Strava. However, it requires you to purchase a pro account which will set you back $3.29. Thankfully, due to a small bug within the Mi ecosystem, you can indirectly upload your Mi Band workout to Strava. This method works with any Mi Band that connects to the Mi Fit app. Here’s how to do that.
Sync Strava With Mi Band Without Any Third-Party App
Before we get to the process, we would need to install an additional app called Zepp (formerly Amazfit). But, post the setup, you can uninstall the Zepp app and the sync would work just fine. The summary of the entire process is as follows.
- Download the Zepp app
- Login into the Zepp app using the same Mi ID as your Mi Fit app
- With the Zepp app, go to Profile > Accounts > Strava
- Link your Strava account by logging in to your Strava account
1. Foremost, make sure that your Mi Band 5 is connected to the Mi Fit app. Next, download and install the Zepp (formerly Amazfit) app.
2. Next, login into the Zepp app using the same Mi ID or credentials you used for the Mi Fit app. The account has to be the same otherwise the method won’t work.
3. Once you are logged into the Zepp app, navigate to the Profile tab, and tap on the “Add accounts” option.
4. From the Add accounts menu, tap on Strava. On the next page, tap on the Strava button at the bottom to enter your Strava credentials.
5. Once you have entered the Strava credentials successfully, click on Authorize and your Strava account will be linked to your Zepp account.
Post linking your Strava account to your Mi ID, your workouts from the Mi Fit app will be automatically uploaded to Strava. Do note that, workouts are uploaded to Strava once you sync your Mi Band 5 with the Mi Fit app. This setup works even if you uninstall the Zepp app.
To stop uploading your workouts to Strava, you will have to disconnect your Strava account from the Zepp app.
Also Read: Strava vs Runtastic: Which Running App Is Suitable for You