Removing audio from a video may sound like a complicated task, but it really isn’t. In fact, you can do it right from your phone in a few easy steps. In this post, we’ll walk you through three simple methods to remove sound from a video on your Android phone. So, without further ado, let’s get right to it.
Table of Contents
1. Use Google Photos to Remove Sound From Video
Google Photos is arguably the best gallery app on Android. It’s jam-packed with various photo and video editing features. Among other options, it also lets you remove audio from a video with ease.
Here are the steps you can follow.
1. Open Google Photos on your phone and navigate to the video from which you want to remove the sound.
2. Tap the Edit option at the bottom to open your video in Google Photos’ video editor. Then, in the Video tab, tap the speaker icon to mute the audio.
3. Lastly, tap the Save copy button in the bottom right corner.
And that’s about it. Google Photos will save your video without audio as a separate file.
2. Use Samsung Gallery App to Remove Sound From Video
If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, you may prefer using its default Gallery app instead of Google Photos. Luckily, Samsung’s Gallery app also includes a slew of video editing tools. Here’s how you can use it to remove audio from a video.
1. Open the Gallery app on your Samsung phone and navigate to your video.
2. Tap the pencil icon at the bottom to open your video in the video editor.
3. Tap the speaker icon in the bottom left corner and then use the slider to turn the Video volume all the way down.
Tip: One major benefit of using the Samsung Gallery app over Google Photos is that it also gives you the option to replace the audio in your video. To do so, tap the Add background music option and use any audio from your phone.
4. Lastly, tap on Save as copy in the top right corner, and your video will be saved as a separate file.
Apart from removing audio, the video editor on your Samsung phone also allows you to easily trim, crop, and rotate videos.
3. Use the Canva App to Remove Sound From Video
Canva has emerged as a popular design tool in recent times. Whether you want to create logos, eye-catching Instagram posts, or edit a video, Canva provides all the necessary options. So, in case you don’t want to use the built-in gallery app or just want more options, you can use the Canva app on your phone to remove audio from any video. Here’s how:
1. Download and install the Canva app on your Android. Sign in using your Google or Facebook account and allow all the necessary app permissions.
2. In your phone’s gallery, open the video from which you want to remove the sound. Tap the share icon at the bottom and select Canva from the share sheet.
3. Select your preferred size for the video and tap the right checkmark at the top. This will open your video in Canva’s video editor.
4. Tap on your video and you should see some options at the bottom. Scroll through them and tap on Volume.
5. Turn off the Volume toggle to mute your video. Alternatively, you can use the slider to decrease the volume level to your liking.
6. Tap the export icon in the top right corner and select Download from the menu that appears.
7. Use the drop-down menu under File type to select the suggested option and tap on Download.
Wait for a few moments and Canva will save your edited video.
Besides Android, you can use the Canva app to remove audio from videos on your iPhone or computer as well.
Silence Is Golden
Aside from the methods listed above, you can also use a dedicated video editing app like InShot to remove sound from a video on your Android. Alternatively, you can use a website like AudioRemover to do the same. However, that would require you to upload your video to that website’s server. If you ask us, it’s best to stick to the trustworthy options as much as possible.