Thinking about where are passwords saved on your Samsung Galaxy phone? The answer depends on where you saved the password. Basically, you can store passwords from Samsung Internet Browser or Chrome browser. So if you want to find saved passwords, you have arrived at the right place. Let’s check different ways to view saved passwords on a Samsung Galaxy phone.
Table of Contents
1. Using Samsung Internet Browser
If the Samsung Internet browser is your default browser and you use it regularly, then you can access the saved passwords from the browser itself. However, it must be noted that the Samsung Internet browser saves passwords in Samsung Pass, a password manager and auto-fill utility for addresses, cards, etc.
Follow these steps to find the saved app or website passwords in the Samsung Internet browser:
1. Open the Samsung Internet browser on your phone.
2. Tap on the three-bar icon at the bottom and select Settings from the menu.
3. Scroll down and tap on Personal browsing data.
4. Tap on Usernames and passwords followed by View sign-in info in Samsung Pass.
5. Scan your fingerprint to verify your identity. Once verified, you will see the list of saved passwords on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
6. Tap on the app or website whose password you want to check.
7. Tap on the Eye icon next to the password field to view the saved password. Or, tap on the Edit or Delete buttons at the bottom to edit or remove the password respectively.
Pro Tip: Learn how to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on a Samsung Galaxy phone.
2. Using Samsung Pass
Samsung Pass service that stores passwords on Samsung Galaxy phones can be accessed from Settings as well. Follow these steps to view passwords saved in Samsung Pass from settings:
1. Open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
2. Go to Security and privacy followed by Samsung Pass.
3. Confirm your identity by scanning your fingerprint or any other mode.
4. Tap on Apps/websites under Sign-in info.
5. You will find the passwords saved on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Tap on the website whose password you want to see.
6. Press the Eye icon in the password field to reveal the password.
Note: On older Samsung Galaxy phones, you will have to go to Settings > Lock screen and Security > Samsung Pass.
3. Using Google Chrome
Samsung Galaxy phones come pre-installed with Google Chrome browser as well. If you have used Chrome browser to save passwords on your Samsung Galaxy phone, you must check the saved passwords in Chrome browser. Please keep in mind that this method can be used to view saved passwords on all Android phones including Samsung.
Follow these steps to view the saved password in Chrome on Samsung Galaxy phones:
1. Open Chrome browser on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and go to Settings.
3. Tap on Password Manager to see the list of saved passwords.
4. Tap on a website and confirm your identity using a fingerprint or PIN.
5. Press the Eye icon in the password field to view the saved password in the Chrome browser on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
Use the Edit or Delete buttons to customize or remove the password. Or, tap on the Copy icon next to the password to copy the password to your Samsung phone’s clipboard. You can even add a note related to the website or its username or password. Even more importantly, you can view the passwords saved in Chrome on the web as well.
4. Using Samsung Pass on Windows PC
Samsung has recently launched a Windows app for Samsung Pass. Now, you can view passwords saved from your Samsung Galaxy phone on your Windows PC. You must have a computer with Windows 10/11, a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0 or higher, and a computer that supports Windows Hello.
If your computer meets these requirements, you can use Samsung PC on the PC. So install Samsung Pass from Microsoft Store, open the app, and verify your identity to view saved passwords.
Tip: Check out other cool services like Samsung Pass available on Samsung Galaxy phones.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you need a Samsung account to use Samsung Pass?
Yes, you must sign in with your Samsung account to use Samsung Pass. That way you can access saved passwords on other devices as well.
2. How to delete all saved passwords from Samsung Pass?
Go to Settings > Security and privacy > Samsung Pass > Apps/website. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and select Delete. Check the selection circle next to All at the top and press the Delete all button at the bottom.
3. How to export passwords from Samsung Galaxy phones?
Samsung allows you to export and save passwords in the local storage of your phone. For that, go to Settings > Security and Privacy> Samsung Pass. Tap on the three-dot icon and select Settings. Go to Export data to the phone. Select IDs and passwords and hit the Export button. Once exported, you can import it to other browsers or password managers.
4. How to manually add a password to Samsung Pass?
Open Samsung Pass screen by going to Settings > Security and Privacy> Samsung Pass. Tap on Apps/websites and press the (+) icon at the top. Enter the app/website name, username, and password in the available fields. Hit the Save button. Learn how to manually add passwords to Chrome.
Secure Your Phone
Hope you were able to find saved passwords on a Samsung Galaxy phone. Since passwords must be secured, know the best privacy settings for Android phones. Also, know how to set up a secure folder on a Samsung phone.