Did someone ask you to share your Instagram profile link and you don’t know how to do that? Don’t worry. You aren’t alone. In this post, we will tell you how to find, copy, and share Instagram profile links, and share profile links in Instagram messages, stories, and WhatsApp. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to Find and Copy Your Own Instagram Profile Link on Android and iPhone
There are multiple ways to find, copy, and share your Instagram profile links on mobile. These methods are applicable to both personal and business profiles.
Method 1: Using the Share Profile Button
Instagram offers a native way to share your profile with others. Follow these steps to copy and share your Instagram profile link on Android and iPhone:
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Tap on the profile picture icon at the bottom to open your profile screen.
3. Tap on the Share profile button.
4. A new screen will show up with your QR code. Tap on the Copy link button to get the link to your Instagram profile. You can paste this link into any other app or website. Or, tap on the Share profile button to share the link in any of the installed apps on your phone.
Method 2: By Finding Username
If the above method doesn’t work for your profile, you can find your Instagram link using your username. Your Instagram profile is made up of three parts: Instagram’s website address (i.e., www.instagram.com) followed by a forward slash (/) and your username. So if your username is techwiser, your Instagram profile link will be www.instagram.com/techwiser. You can copy and paste this link into different social media apps.
Now, if you don’t know your Instagram username, there are two ways to find it.
1. Find Username From Profile
1. In the Instagram app, tap on the profile picture icon at the bottom-right corner to go to your profile.
2. You will see your username at the top.
3. Note it down and append it to www.instagram.com/ to make your Instagram profile link. For instance, my profile link will be www.instagram.com/mehviish. Then, copy this link and paste it wherever required.
2. Find Username Using Edit Profile
Another way to find the IG username is to tap on the Edit profile button on your profile screen. You will find the username listed under the Username field. Select and copy it. Then, add it to http://www.instagram.com/ to generate your Instagram profile link.
Method 3: By Sharing QR Code
Instagram provides a native feature to generate a QR code for your profile. You need to share this QR code with others who will then scan the code to view your IG profile.
1. In the Instagram app, go to your profile screen by tapping on the profile picture icon.
2. Tap on the three-bar icon at the top and select QR Code from the menu.
3. Your QR code will show up. You can either take a screenshot or tap on the Share icon and send it to others.
You can customize the background style of the QR code by tapping on the button at the top. Similarly, tap on the screen to switch between the available styles.
Tip: Learn how to scan QR codes from images.
If you have access to a computer, you can easily find your Instagram profile link as shown in the following steps:
1. Open www.instagram.com on a PC and log in to your Instagram account.
2. Click on the profile picture icon at the top and go to Profile from the menu.
3. Now, simply copy the link that shows in the address bar. That is your Instagram profile link. You can paste it on WhatsApp, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, etc.
Pro Tip: Similarly, you can find and copy the link using the Instagram mobile website in a browser.
How to Find and Copy Someone Else’s Profile Link
Fortunately, it’s quite easy to copy and share someone else’s post or Instagram profile link. You can find links for both personal profiles and Instagram pages.
1. Open the Instagram profile whose link you want to copy in the mobile app.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and select Copy profile URL from the menu.
3. The link will be copied to your phone’s clipboard. You can paste it wherever you want.
Similarly, you can copy the link from a computer as well. Open the Instagram profile whose link you want to get in a browser on a PC. Then, copy the link that shows in the address bar at the top.
You can share an Instagram profile in a message in two ways.
Method 1: By Copy-pasting Link
1. Copy your own profile link or someone else’s link as shown above.
2. Then, open the Instagram message where you want to share the link.
3. Touch and hold the typing area and select Paste from the menu. The profile link will be pasted. Hit the Send button to share it.
Method 2: Using Share Profile
1. Open the Instagram profile to share.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon and select Share this profile.
3. Your following list will show up with the recently contacted people at the top. Find the person to whom you want to share the link and hit the Send button next to their name. You can use the search to find the desired person.
There are two ways to share someone’s profile link in your story.
Method 1: By Using Share Profile Feature
1. Open the profile that you want to share with your story.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top and select Share this profile.
3. Tap on Add profile to your story. Then, customize the story like you would normally do and publish it.
Method 2: By Copying Link
If you don’t see the Add profile to your story option, use these steps to share an Instagram profile in your story. Basically, you will need to add the profile’s link to your IG story.
1. Find and copy the Instagram link using any of the above methods.
2. Now, create a new story. For that, tap on the + (Add) icon on the Instagram main screen and select Story from the menu.
3. Capture a new picture or select an existing one from your gallery to use it as a background for your story. Customize the story as per your preference.
4. Tap on the Sticker icon and choose Link from the menu.
5. Paste the profile link that you had copied earlier and hit the Done button. Then, publish the story.
1. Find and copy the Instagram profile URL as shown above.
2. Open the WhatsApp chat thread where you want to share the Instagram link.
3. Touch and hold the typing area and select Paste from the menu. Tap on the Send button.
1. Find and copy the Instagram profile link as shown earlier.
2. Open the WhatsApp Status screen.
3. On Android, tap on the floating pencil icon.
Similarly, tap on the pencil icon next to My Status on iPhone.
4. Paste the copied link in the Type a status text field. Use the font style and color palette icons to customize WhatsApp status. Tap on the Send button to publish your WhatsApp status.
Tip: Check out 4 methods to download WhatsApp status.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Does Instagram Notify When You Share a Profile?
Instagram will not notify the other person if you share their profile with someone.
2. Can Instagram Profile URL Change?
Your Instagram profile link is linked to your username. If you change your username, your profile URL will change.
I hope you are able to copy and share Instagram profile links. If you are new to Instagram, learn what various icons and symbols mean on Instagram. You should also know how to set up an Instagram business account. If you comment frequently, check out the best Instagram comment tips and tricks. Lastly, find out how to set up Linktree to show multiple links on your Instagram profile.