TikTok, like any other short-form video platform, thrives on interaction and community engagement. However, you may miss out on engaging in social interactions if the TikTok app does not display any comments on your Android or iPhone. If you’ve already ruled out all issues with your internet connection and restarted the app to no avail, this guide has some tips that will help resolve the issue quickly.
Table of Contents
1. Creators May Have Filtered or Disabled Comments
TikTok provides creators with the option to filter comments on their videos. In such cases, comments won’t show up on a video unless the creator approves them manually. Creators can also choose to disable comments entirely on videos. So, if TikTok is not displaying or loading comments on specific videos, there may be nothing wrong with the app.
If you want to allow comments from everyone on your own TikTok videos, use these steps to modify privacy settings for your profile.
1. Open the TikTok app and switch to the Profile tab. Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner and select Settings and privacy.
2. Head to Privacy > Comments.
3. Tap Comments and select Everyone.
4. Disable the toggles next to Filter all comments and Filter spam and offensive comments.
2. Comment May Be Offensive or Spam
TikTok may temporarily hide or disable comments if they are inappropriate or violate its community guidelines. If you can’t find your comments on a video, TikTok may have removed them. This can also occur if others have deemed your comments offensive and reported them to TikTok.
3. Sign Out and Sign Back In
Another reason why TikTok may fail to load your comments is due to authentication issues with your account. Signing out of the TikTok app and signing back in can help resolve such issues and get TikTok to load your comments as expected.
1. Open the TikTok app on your Android or iPhone and switch to the Profile tab.
2. Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner and select Settings and privacy.
3. Scroll down to tap tap Log out and select Log out to confirm.
Sign back into your TikTok account and check if the issue is still there.
4. Check if TikTok Is Down
TikTok, like any other platform, can experience server outages at times. It’s worth checking TikTok’s server status on a website like Downdetector to see if there’s a widespread issue. If you notice significant outage spikes on the graph, TikTok servers may be down. In that case, your only option is to wait until TikTok resolves the issue on its end.
5. Turn Off VPN
Issues with your VPN can also cause apps like TikTok to malfunction and not load comments. To check for this possibility, temporarily turn off your VPN connection, and then try loading the TikTok app again. If this resolves the comment glitch on TikTok, you may consider connecting to a different VPN server or switching to a different provider.
6. Clear App Cache
TikTok, like any other app, accumulates a significant amount of cache as you use it. While this data is intended to help the app run faster, it can become corrupted over time. When this happens, TikTok might misbehave and stop showing comments on your Android or iPhone.
Fortunately, TikTok includes an option to clear the cache directly within its settings menu. Here’s how to use it.
1. Open the TikTok app and switch to the Profile tab. Tap the menu icon in the top right corner and select Settings and privacy.
2. Scroll down to tap on Free up space and hit the Clear button next to Cache.
7. Update the App
If TikTok still won’t load or show comments, consider updating the app as a last resort. If the issue is occurring due to a buggy or outdated app build, updating it should solve your problem.
Unlock the Discussion
TikTok’s interactive nature relies heavily on the vibrant exchange of comments and thoughts. Hence, it can be frustrating when the TikTok app fails to display any comments on your Android or iPhone. The good news is that fixing the issue isn’t too difficult with the solutions outlined above.