Making a visually good and well-researched PPT can take time and effort. With the AI tools easily available now, you can make stellar PPT presentations easily, quickly, and nicely. General AI tools allow you to research any topic like ChatGPT or Copilot. However, there are niche AI tools that can help suggest elements to make your PPT look visually attractive. Few AI services can even make an entire PPT with a single prompt, sort of like making PPT templates for our specific needs. We tried several paid and free AI tools for making PPT presentations. Here are the 3 best AI tools to create and improve your PPT presentations.
Let’s start with the AI tool that is built from scratch to make presentations keeping AI front and center.
Table of Contents
Tome is an AI tool that is completely focused on making PPT presentations using AI. It also supports a freemium model where you will get around 500 credits/month for free, which can be used to make 2-3 presentations roughly. For further usage, you need to get a pro plan that gives you unlimited credits starting from $16/month. Apart from that, the service also provides you with a good number of templates, and integration with third-party apps like Figma and Looker, etc. Here’s how you can use Tome to make presentations.
1. You can either start creating presentations from scratch by clicking on the Create button at the top right after logging in. Otherwise, you can also check the Templates section and select a related template to get started.
2. On the edit page, you can check the editing options such as text, image, tables, charts, themes, etc on the right side.
3. On the left side, you will see all slides.
4. At the bottom left, click on the Add page to add more slides.
5. You will see a text box for entering prompts at the bottom of the page. Once you click on the text box, you will get a list of options to choose from or enter your own prompt.
6. Select the Create presentation about option and enter the prompt explaining everything you need in your presentation. Later, it will show you the headings of every slide in the presentation and it will generate multiple slides so you have options.
7. Similarly, a new slide with text, images, and elements will be generated when you select the Create page about option and enter a prompt.
8. You can edit, present, or even share on Tome. However, Tome does not support the PPT export option to continue your edit on PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- The UI is designed to encourage the use of AI to create presentations
- 500 credits every month on a free plan
- Integrating with other services like Fligma, Airtable, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to share or present the PPT directly from Tome
- Cannot export in PPT format
- Not many templates or elements to design the PPT
- Even exporting as PDF is locked under the Pro version
Canva is a photo editing app where you can also create presentations. It is popular because of the number of templates available and design styles to choose from. Though the AI is limited to generating images, text, and suggesting templates, it also allows exporting the presentation as a PPT. So u can open it on Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides to continue your work or present it. However, you only get 50 credits for free which is useful to generate 50 images or text prompts.
1. Log in to Canva. Under the You might want to try section, select the Presentation option.
2. On the edit page, you can add more slides at the bottom. On the left sidebar, you can add images, graphics, fonts, etc for your visual editing.
3. To generate images, go to the Elements section, here you should find the AI Image Generator option. Once generated, you can drag the image from the sidebar to the slide.
4. To generate text, select the Magic Write icon at the bottom right corner of the presentation. Now you can give a prompt, or ask it to summarize, expand, or rewrite the text that you have already written.
However, this isn’t as effective as Tome which can create an entire PPT with a single prompt. But with the vast library of templates and visual elements available, along with the AI tools, Canva is faster and better at creating PPT from scratch. But to continue using AI features and unlock all the templates, you need Canva Pro which costs $12.99/month.
- A good number of templates and elements to choose from
- Supports exporting files in PPT format
- Rather than just generating content, it can also summarize, expand, or rewrite the content you have already written
- AI recommended elements and themes
- AI options are locked under the Canva Pro
- Generated text and images may not be suitable always, and need multiple prompts to generate.
- Since it supports
3. Microsoft Copilot and Google’s Duet AI
Both Microsoft and Google have their own AI tools called CoPilot and Duet AI directly integrated into Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides respectively. First, you have to opt-in to Copilot for PowerPoint and Duet AI for Google Slides as they are in beta. Microsoft Copilot requires a Microsoft 365 subscription and a Copilot subscription on top of it, whereas Google’s Duet AI works even without a Workspace subscription.
1. Though both are different services, their usage and features are similar to each other. While editing, you can access the Duet AI or Copilot by clicking on the AI button in the upper right corner of the toolbar.
2. Using prompts, you can generate themes, paras of text, images, organizing slides, etc.
3. Apart from just using it to generate parts of the presentation, you can ask questions and research the topic from the same page to gather more information.
4. Compared to other AI PPT editors, Duet AI and Copilot understand the context of the PPT better. For example, to generate images, you don’t even have to give a proper prompt explaining the image. You can generate images suitable for the slide. Depending on the text and other images on the slide, AI will generate images.
- Native option directly available on Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Rather than just generating content, we can also ask questions to AI. Useful for research.
- Can also use AI to research anything while creating the PPT
- Understanding the context of the PPT
- Microsoft Co-Pilot is paid on top of some Microsoft 365 Plans.
- Though AI is powerful, people have to explore the features manually.
- Cannot be used to create the entire PPT with a single command
AI Tools to Make PPT Presentations
Irrespective of the tool you chose, anything generated by AI has to be reverified manually later. Apart from the re-verification, the process of making PPTs will be a lot faster, easier, and better. Also, check out these brilliant tips for making PowerPoint Presentations.