Ever been jamming to a song in your headphones and desperately wanted to know its name? Well, Shazam will help you find that songs name even when you’re wearing your headphones. Shazam, SoundCloud, Google Assistant, etc., use your phone’s microphone to listen for sound and find the song. Shazam goes a step ahead – it helps you find songs that play through headphones irrespective of the app or the ones playing around you while you wear one. Follow these steps to find the name of the song while wearing headphones.
Find the Song Name Playing on Your Android While Wearing Headphones
For the uninitiated, the Shazam app is available for Android phones. The best part is that you can continue to use Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or your favorite music app and use Shazam without closing that app.
1. Download the Shazam app from the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
2. Open the app and grant permission to the microphone and notifications.
3. Open the quick settings panel and tap on the edit icon. On the edit page, add the Shazam toggle to your quick settings.
4. When you watch TikTok videos or Reels on Instagram, swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen to reveal the Quick Settings panel. And tap on the Shazam toggle to summon it.
Note: You’ll need to add the Shazam toggle in the Quick Settings panel if it doesn’t appear there automatically.
5. Shazam will listen to the song playing through the headphones or around you to recognize the song. When Shazam finds the song name, you’ll get the song’s name through a notification.
Find the Song Name Playing on Your iPhone While Wearing Headphones
While using an iPhone, you won’t have to record the screen or just the audio to identify a song playing in an Instagram story, Reels, or TikTok videos. Follow the steps to make Shazam recognize songs on your iPhone while you wear headphones.
1. On iPhone, Shazam is baked into the Control Center. Open the Settings app and tap on the Control Center option.
2. On the Control Center page, tap on the Plus icon beside the Shazam Music Recognization option.
3. Whenever you want to identify a song playing through an app, swipe down from the top-right corner of the iPhone to open the Control Center and tap on the Shazam icon.
4. Shazam will find the song playing in your headphones (or even around you) and notify you with the song name. When you tap the notification, you can listen to the song in Apple Music.
If you prefer Spotify, here’s how to open Spotify from Shazam.
No Song Will Go Unidentified
Shazam ensures that you can find the name of a song irrespective of the language. Also, you don’t have to take off your headphones or play the song on a speaker just to hold your phone close for identifying the song playing near you. You can use Quick Settings panel on Android or the Control Center in an iPhone to quickly summon Shazam to help you recognize a song. So, the next time you find yourself captivated by a song while wearing headphones, a quick tap will unveil the mystery.