Do you want to use LinkedIn without getting someone’s attention? Or, maybe you don’t want anyone at your workplace to know that you’re online on LinkedIn. There can be many reasons behind hiding an active status displayed on your LinkedIn profile. Today, we will be sharing with you how to hide active status on LinkedIn on the web and mobile apps. Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
Hide Active Status on LinkedIn (Web)
Hiding your LinkedIn Active Status on the web is an effortless process. Let’s take a look at the steps to do so.
1. Open LinkedIn on your choice of browser.
2. Click on your profile picture.
3. Now click on Settings & Privacy from the drop-down menu.
4. Click on Visibility on the Settings page in the left sidebar.
5. Now click on Manage active status.
6. Click on No one to select it.
7. Click on back arrow to save your preference and go back.
Hide Active Status on LinkedIn (Mobile)
Hiding your LinkedIn profile’s Active Status on mobile apps is even easier. Let’s take a look at the steps on how to do so.
Note: Steps to hide your Active Status on LinkedIn on mobile devices is the same on Android and iOS. So whether you are an Android user or an iOS user you can follow along worry-free.
1. Open the LinkedIn app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen.
3. Now tap on Settings at the bottom.
4. On the Settings page, tap on Visibility.
5. Now tap on Manage active status.
6. Tap on No one to select it.
7. Now tap on the back arrow to save your preference and go back.
Revert Your Active Status Settings (Web)
If you want to revert your Active Status settings back to “Your Connections” from “No one”, then here are the steps to do that on the web.
1. Open the Manage active status settings page of LinkedIn by following the above-mentioned steps or go to the LinkedIn Manage Status settings page.
2. Now click on Your connections only to revert your Active Status back to the previous one.
3. Click on back to go back and save the settings.
Revert Your Active Status Settings (Mobile)
If you want to revert your Active Status settings from “No one” to “Your Connections”, then here are the steps to do that on mobile devices.
1. Navigate to Manage active status settings page by following the above mentioned steps or go to Settings > Visibility > Manage active status.
2. Now tap on Your Connections only.
3. Tap on the back arrow to save the settings and go back.
Stay Private on LinkedIn
Hiding your Active Status gives you back control of your Privacy on LinkedIn. Also, it is easy to hide your Active Status on both LinkedIn web and mobile apps.
Setting the status to No One means that no one on LinkedIn can see whether you are active or not irrespective of whether they are in your network or not. Setting status to Your Connections only means only those who are connected to you on LinkedIn can see your status. And as the name suggests, All LinkedIn members mean everyone can see your status whether or not they are connected to you on the social media app for professionals.
Did you know that you can copy text from LinkedIn posts easily? Learn how to copy text or URLs from a LinkedIn post.