Watch faces are like launchers, but for your Galaxy Watch. It brings all the necessary changes to make your Galaxy Watch more useful and look much better. You can set it to show all the needed info right on the watch face to have a quick glance. Alternatively, you can choose a design that you prefer. We have a lot of options directly from Samsung, and even from third-party apps on Play Store. Here’s how to customize the watch face on your Samsung Galaxy Watch and everything related to it.
Table of Contents
Changing and Customizing Watch Faces on Samsung Galaxy Watch
Before getting started, remember that this process only works on Galaxy Watch 4 and later versions as the previous watches run on the Tizen OS instead of Wear OS. Also, most features and processes are Samsung-specific, so they won’t work on other Wear OS watches too. That being said, let’s start the customization.
How to Change Watch Face on Samsung Galaxy Watch
1. To change the Watch face, tap and hold on the home page of your Galaxy Watch. Now swipe left to find all the watch faces that you have used before or that are already downloaded. You can just tap on any of them to set it as a watch face.
2. To use something new, swipe all the way to the end and you should find Add watch face option. Tap on it.
3. Here you should find all the popular Samsung watch faces. Tap on the one you want to set as a watch face.
If you don’t find any watch face you prefer, you can install third-party watch faces from Play Store which we have covered below.
How to Change Watch Face on Samsung Galaxy Watch From Your Android Phone
Changing the watch face on the Galaxy Watch is easy, but you have a small screen real estate to work with. However, you can also change the watch face from your Android phone with the help of the Galaxy Wearable app.
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your Android phone and tap on the Watch faces option
2. Here you should find all the watch faces from Samsung neatly divided into different categories. Graphical watch faces have cool designs, Informative watch faces have more options to add complications, Health watch faces bring health data to the forefront, Classic watch faces bring the classic luxury watch look to your smartwatch, etc. Pick your face.
3. Just find the one you prefer and tap on it to set it as watch face instantly. You should see your current watch face at the top.
In case you are having any issues while setting the watch face, make sure that you have connected your watch to your phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It should solve the problem and set your preferred watch face instantly.
How to Customize Watch Face on Samsung Galaxy Watch
When you choose a watch face, you can also make a few changes in almost every watch face you have set. For example, you can change the clock style, font, color, background, etc. You can also add complications that you prefer. Complications are like widgets for your watch face. They will show you quick info such as your health data, exercises, battery percentage, etc. So you can make your preferred watch face even more useful to you.
1. To customize, just tap and hold on to the home page of your Galaxy Watch. It will open the watch face editor. Here tap on the Customise button below the watch face to customize it.
2. On the customization page, swipe left to select what you want to customize like background, clock font, color, etc.
3. Once selected, swipe up and down to choose the perfect color, font, or anything that you prefer.
4. For complications, tap on the watch face complication and select the complication you need from the list of compilations available. For example, there are complications to show battery percentage, your health data, your workout stats, sleep score, timer, reminder, temperature, alarm, world clock, etc. You can also create shortcuts to start an exercise or set a new alarm, etc.
Each watch face has different customization options to offer. So you cannot change the background on one watch face or font on another. Some watch faces are minimal and don’t provide any way to add complications whereas some watch faces give allow adding way too many complications. Nonetheless, the process stays consistent for all the watch faces.
How to Customize Watch Face on Samsung Galaxy Watch From Your Android Phone
Customizing watch faces on your phone is not only easier but also adds more features like the ability to take your photo and set it as a watch face which is not possible directly on your watch.
1. To customize, open the Galaxy Wearable app and then tap on Watch faces. Here tap on the Customize button below the watch face.
2. From here you can change the clock type, background, font, color, etc. You can change them from the tab selector below the preview too. Unlike on the Watch, you also get some premade styles mixing different fonts, colors, and complications.
3. You can also choose the complication in a much better view. All your applied changes can be checked in the preview section. Once happy, you can tap on the Save option to save your watch face style.
Unlike on the watch, your changes will not be recorded and will be set only when you have tapped on the Save button.
How to Set Watch Face That Matches Your Dress on Galaxy Watch
You can change the watch face to anything you prefer including one that has similar color and pattern as your shirt. This gives you a consistent look overall. On Galaxy Watch, you can do that with the help of the My Style watch face. However, this is only possible from your phone as you have to take your photo for the app to detect your shirt color.
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app and tap on the Watch faces option. Now under the Graphical watch faces, select the My style watch face.
2. Now tap on the Customize option at the top under your selected watch face.
3. Here select the Background tab below the preview.
4. In the Background, scroll down to the Add section and select the Camera option to take the selfie. You can also select the Gallery option to select an existing photo from your Gallery.
5. It opens Camera app when you select the Camera mode and take a selfie. Once done, accept the photo so that it will show the patterns available.
6. Select any suggested pattern for your style. Once done, tap on the Done option at the bottom. On the next page, tap on the Save option to set it as the watch face.
With this watch face, you can also change the clock type, font, color, etc. You can also add up to 5 complications. But, you will have to customize the watch face daily to match your look every day.
How to Choose Your Photos as Watch Face on Galaxy Watch
Most watch faces you see here come with preexisting patterns, images, colors, etc. But you can try My Photo + Watch face to set up your own photo. You can take a photo of yourself or choose one from your Gallery. You can also try setting the same wallpaper you have set on your phone for more consistency between devices. As you need to take a photo or access the gallery, you need your phone to set it up.
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app, open the Watch faces option, and tap on the My photo+ watch face under the Basic watch faces category.
2. Now tap on the Customise option under the watch face at the top.
3. Here select the Background tab where you get the option to take a photo with Camera option or pick an image with the Gallery option.
4. Once you have taken the photo or selected the gallery, you get the option to edit the image where you can change the brightness, exposure, contrast, highlights, and shadows. You can also adjust the photo where you want to set it as a watch face.
5. Once done, tap on Done and then tap on Save button to set it as the watch face on your watch instantly.
How to Set Your AR Emoji as Watch Face
With Galaxy Watch, you can set Samsung’s AR Emoji as your watch face but as of now, you can do it only using a Samsung phone. You can set AR Emoji as your watch face from other Android phones too but it will start showing random AR Emoji characters and will not give you an option to create one for yourself from scratch.
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Then select the Watch faces option at the top.
2. Here, under the Graphical watch faces, select the AR Emoji watch face. By default, it will set a random AR Emoji if you have not created one in the AR Emoji app already. Anyhow you can create one from the Galaxy Wearable app itself. Just tap on the Customise option below the watch face at the top.
3. Then select the Character tab to create your AR Emoji character. You will find this option only on Samsung Galaxy phones running One UI.
4. In the Character tab, you should find the AR Emojis you have previously created. To create a new one, tap on the plus icon and start creating your own AR emoji.
5. Choose to Create with camera option and take your photo. Then make necessary changes like choosing the hairstyle, clothes, etc. Once you are done with the changes, tap on the Next button at the top.
6. Once done, you will be redirected to the Galaxy Wearable app. Now select the emoji you just created. It will transfer your AR Emoji to your watch which can take a couple of minutes for all the customized animations of the AR Emoji to implement.
7. Once done, select your AR Emoji and tap on Save. This will set your AR Emoji as your watch face.
If you are not using a Samsung phone and want to get a similar feature, try Bitmoji which is available on all Android phones from the Play Store. Continue reading to learn how.
How to Set Watch Face With Your Bitmoji
Instead of AR Emoji, you can use a Bitmoji watch face.
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and tap on the Watch faces option. On the next page, select the Bitmoji option under the Graphical watch faces
2. Now your watch has already set the Bitmoji watch face. Just tap on Customize option to create your Bitmoji.
3. Then open the Character tab and then tap on the Bitmoji option to download the Bitmoji app from the Play Store.
4. On the Bitmoji app, tap on Create Avatar option if you don’t have a Bitmoji or you can tap on the Login button. Once logged in you will get the Bitmoji that you have created before.
5. If you haven’t created the Avatar before, tap on the Avatar tab at the bottom and create your Avatar.
6. Now get back to the Galaxy Wearable app, instead of the Bitmoji icon, now you should see your Avatar. Select it and tap on Save to set it as your Galaxy Watch’s watch face.
Some Other Watch Faces for Your Galaxy Watch
Each watch face comes with unique functions and designs which make them a personal choice overall. But here are some watch faces that you should check out for yourself.
Kinetic Digits – This is a minimal watch face that shows the digital with its unique font and coloring. Also, you can add up to two complications making it informative as well.
Health Dashboard – I personally do not call it a clean design, but as far as the functionality goes, this watch face completely nails it. You can add up to 7 complications. By default, it also adds all the needed health data. However, you can change it as you like. But if you are using the watch for health and fitness, do try it.
Frontier or Tomcat – These watch faces bring the classic luxury watch look to your Samsung Galaxy Watch. Undoubtedly, it will make your smartwatch look like a normal watch.
Big Info – This watch face lets you add a big complication right in the center of the screen. While you can check time, primary focus of this watch face is to show one data that is important to you. You can add step counter, water reminder, or any other stat that is important to you.
Fit – If you prefer to use Google Fit instead of Samsung health, this watch face is for you. It will be under the Downloaded section and will appear when you have installed the Google Fit app on your watch.
How to Install Third-Party Watch Faces From Play Store
Apart from the watch faces available on the Galaxy Wearable app, you can also apply some third-party watch faces. You can do that by installing Wear OS watch face apps. Once installed, you can set that app as a watch face on the Galaxy Wearable app or directly on the Galaxy Watch itself. Now open that app and set any watch face that you like. There are many apps, but the process of setting up is the same.
1. First open the Play Store and search for the watch faces. Then select This device option and then select your Galaxy Watch. This will show you apps that you can install on your Galaxy Watch.
2. Then select the Watch faces chip to filter the results to show only watch faces.
3. Here you should find a lot of watch faces to search and download but several carry paid too.
4. Now open the Galaxy Wearable app > Watch faces and you should find the apps you have downloaded under the Downloaded option. Select the app in which you want to install a watch face.
5. Now open the app and set the watch face. Each app has a different layout, but you will find the list of watch faces on the home page. You can select the watch face you like and set it easily.
Watch Your Face
Samsung offers a lot of watch faces to choose from and keeps introducing new watch faces every now and then. But, some of the watch faces from third-party apps look more premium. You will also find new designs. Though most of them are paid, they are completely worth a look. Apart from watch faces, you can go a step further and get suitable watch bands and other accessories for your Galaxy Watch.