Downloading images and GIFs from Reddit is pretty easy. All you have to do is long-press the image and the option to save pops up. However, when it comes to videos, things get a bit tricky. But, there’s always a workaround and in our case, there are a few good ones that are not only free but also allow users to download Reddit with sound and without any watermark. Let me show you all the ways to download Reddit videos on an iPhone.
Table of Contents
1. Using the Reddit App
The official native Reddit app lets you download some videos to your iPhone as shown below:
1. Open the Reddit post that has the video. Make sure video has opened in full screen mode.
2. Tap the three-dot icon(…) on the top right corner and select Download video from the Share Sheet. The video will be saved to the Photos app.
Tip: Learn how to create a Reddit community.
2. Using Online Tools
If you’re someone like me who doesn’t like installing an extra app when you can access most of the content from a webpage then we should be friends. Basically, you can download Reddit videos on your iPhone using online tools as well.
One such amazing tool is Rapidsave earlier known as Redditsave. It lets you download Reddit videos with just their URL. For free, of course.
1. Open the Reddit app and tap the Share icon on the post.
2. Select Copy the link from the menu.
3. Now, open rapidsave.com in the Safari web browser and paste the link in the input field. Hit the Download button.
4. It would fetch the details and show all the possible resolutions of the video that you can download. Simply tap the Download video button to start the download.
5. A pop-up would appear. Tap Download to start downloading.
6. After your download is finished, tap the Download icon at the top and select Downloads to open the Downloads folder. You’ll find the video here, tap on it once.
7. Now, tap the Share icon on the bottom left corner and Save Video. Your video will be saved to the iPhone Photos app.
You can also use viddit.red/ or Redv.co websites to download the videos hosted on Reddit servers. I’ve mentioned these websites as an alternative if rapidsave.com doesn’t work or shuts down in the future.
3. Using Screen Recorder
Generally, the above two methods should be enough to download Reddit videos on your iPhone. But, if for some reason, they don’t work, you can also try screen recording the video on your iPhone.
1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Screen Recording icon and select Start. Also, make sure the Microphone option is on. If you don’t see the Screen Recording option, go to Settings > Control Center and add Screen Recorder.
3. Play the Reddit video. Once it is finished, stop the recording. The Reddit video will have been saved to the Photos app.
Tip: Learn how to record WhatsApp calls on your iPhone.
Download Reddit Videos to iPhone Camera Roll
These were a few different ways to download Reddit videos on your iPhone. Before you go, learn how to download Reddit videos on Android.