Downloading images and GIFs from Reddit is pretty easy. All you have to do is long-press the image and the option to save pops up. However, when it comes to videos, things get a bit tricky. I browse Reddit mostly in Google Chrome instead of an app and the only thing I can’t do is “save videos on my iPhone”. But, there’s always a workaround and in our case, there are a few good ones that are not only free but also allow users to download Reddit with sound and without any watermark. Let me show you all the ways to download Reddit videos on an iPhone.
Download Reddit Videos on iPhone
1. Use Official App
I don’t use the Reddit app on iPhone all that much but it does have its perks. It lets you download some videos to your iPhone. Simply tap the post that has the video, tap the meatball menu(…) button on the top right corner, select Share and tap Save Video from the Share Sheet.
The video will be saved to your Cameral roll or the Photos app.
However, this method has its fair share of disadvantages. Reddit app doesn’t want you to download videos so it’s limiting which videos can be downloaded. For example, the latest version doesn’t even let you download videos hosted on Reddit itself. The next method takes care of that and lets you save Reddit videos to your iPhone.
2. Use a Reddit Client app
While the official Reddit app is decent, it doesn’t fit well if you like downloading videos to your iPhone. Slide for Reddit is a popular Reddit client app that also lets you download videos to your iPhone. Unlike the official app, it doesn’t prevent you from downloading a video to your iPhone.
1. Start by installing Slide for Reddit from the App Store. Open the app and go to the post that has the video you want to save.
2. Simply tap the Video to go full-screen and then tap the Download button on the bottom right corner. It can’t get any easier than that. The video will be saved to your Cameral roll or the Photos app.
Plus, the videos would be saved with audio. The only exception is GIFs as they don’t have any audio.
While convenient, Slide for Reddit isn’t some one-size-fits-all type of solution as you won’t be able to download videos hosted on say YouTube. If you wish to download videos from other sources, check out the next method.
3. Download Reddit Videos with a Website
If you’re someone like me who doesn’t like installing an app when you can access most of the content from a webpage then we should be friends. Redditsave lets you download videos with just a URL. Unlike the above-mentioned apps, it not only lets you download videos hosted on Reddit servers but you can save videos hosted on Gifycat, Imgur, streamable, GIPHY, and many other sources. For free, of course.
1. Simply open the Reddit app and tap the Share button below the post. Copy the link to the Reddit post that has the video.
2. Now, open redditsave.com on the Safari web browser and Paste the link in the input field.
3. It would fetch the details and show all the possible resolutions of the video that you can download. Simply tap the Download video button to start the download.
4. A pop-up would appear. Tap Download to start downloading. After your download is finished, tap the Options button to open the pop-up menu.
5. Find the Downloads option and tap to open the Downloads folder. You’d find the video here, tap on it once.
6. Now, tap the Share button on the bottom left corner and Save Video. Your video would be saved to the iPhone Camera Roll.
Redv.co is another website that lets you download the videos hosted on Reddit servers. I’ve mentioned this website as an alternative if Redditsave doesn’t work or shuts down in the future. To fetch the video from a post, copy the post URL, and feed it to the Redv.co website, and long-press the download button to save the video.
Download Reddit Videos to iPhone Camera Roll
These were a few different ways to download Reddit videos on your iPhone. Downloading Media content from the Internet is relatively easier on iPhone as iOS 13 has included features such as a dedicated Downloads Manager. Which method do you use the most, let me know in the comments below or hit me up on Twitter?
Also Read: How to Download Reddit Videos on Android