Deleting apps on iPhone is quick and easy. However, how do you find deleted apps on iPhone or iPad and reinstall them? Especially, if you don’t even remember the name of the app you deleted on your Apple device. There are ways to track all deleted apps, free or paid, and reinstall them on iPhone and iPad if you know where to look. The steps are the same for both iPhone (iOS) and iPad (iPadOS).
Table of Contents
Find Deleted Apps From App Store
We will be using our iPhone for the steps. Note that while the option says Purchased, you can view both free and paid apps using this method.
1. Open App Store, tap on your profile icon in the upper right corner, and select Purchased option.
2. Now select the Not on this iPhone tab to see a list of all the apps that you have deleted on your iPhone or iPad. Apps that were deleted last will appear at the top. Tap on the cloud icon next to the app to reinstall.
Ever needed to send or share an iPhone or iPad app with another iPhone or even Android user? Learn how to do it now.
Unhide Purchased Apps From Settings
Privacy is a birthright and Apple has been making strides in this direction for some time. One of the features that they introduced was the ability to hide your purchases. Maybe you hid an app, deleted it, and forgot all about it?
First, let’s see how you can hide purchased apps on iPhone and iPad.
1. As shown in the method above, go back to App Store > Profile Pic > Purchased, and now simply swipe left on an app to find the Hide option. Tap on Hide to hide the app from view.
Now, to view a list of all the hidden apps on iPhone and iPad:
1. Open Settings, select Apple ID at the top and then tap on Media & Purchases.
2. Tap on View Account and verify by facial recognition or fingerprint id. Now you have two options. You can either tap on Purchase History to view all your past purchases including apps or Hidden Purchases to view all hidden apps that you downloaded but hid and now want to reinstall.
Did you know you can easily share your iPhone’s Wi-Fi password without revealing it?
Find Offloaded Apps From Settings
Another useful iPhone feature is the ability to offload apps that you are not using much automatically. But you can quickly find these offloaded (read deleted) apps and reinstall them on iPhones and iPads.
1. Open Settings and go to App Store and then disable Offload Unused Apps.
Finding deleted apps on your iPhone and iPad is easy and reinstalling them is easier. There are a few different ways to do it depending on how it was uninstalled whether the app was free or paid.
By the way, have you had to reset your iPhone? There are 5 different reset options available. Here is a guide on what each reset option is and what happens when you use it.