Samsung has released a number of Galaxy Watches over the years. Some have a rotating bezel, others have LTE functionality and some models run on a different operating system altogether. So if you want to solve any issue with your Galaxy Watch or buy a second-hand model, knowing which Galaxy Watch model number is important. That way you can know the features your Galaxy Watch supports, and can also solve any issue that occurred while using, etc. There are a couple of ways to know what Galaxy Watch model you have.
Table of Contents
What Galaxy Watch Model Do I Have
First of all, there are some easy ways to find out the model number without getting all too geeky.
- First, check the package or the box of your Galaxy Watch. There is a good chance that the model number of your Galaxy Watch is printed on it.
- Second, check your e-commerce shopping history where you bought your Galaxy Watch. You should be able to find the model number along with all the specs there.
The biggest issue with finding the model number is some Galaxy Watch models run on Tizen OS whereas the newer models run on WearOS. So not all methods to find model details work for both operating systems. But finding what OS your Galaxy Watch is running on is easy.
How to Find Your Galaxy Watch OS From UI
You can easily know the Watch’s OS by the differences in the UI of the two operating systems. On the home page, swipe up on the screen. If it opens an app drawer, then your watch is running on WearOS. On Tizen, the swipe-up gesture is not available but instead, you will reach the app drawer by swiping left.
Second, if your watch supports Google apps, then it is WearOS while Tizen OS. doesn’t support Google apps.
How to Find Galaxy Watch Model Number Running WearOS
1. On your Watch, swipe up on the home screen and select the Settings (cog icon) app in the app drawer.
2. On Settings, scroll down to the bottom and select the About Watch option.
3. Here, you should find the model name of your watch at the top. It will also show you the exact model number of your device.
4. By searching the model number on Google, you should find your Watch’s size and also whether it supports LTE or not.
As of now, Galaxy Watch 4, Watch 4 Classic, Watch 5 and Watch 5 Pro are running on WearOS, and so will the later models.
How to Find Galaxy Watch Model Number Running Tizen OS
1. On your Watch, Swipe left on the home screen and select the Settings app from the app drawer.
2. On Settings, scroll down and select the About watch option.
3. Here you should find the model name and number of your Galaxy Watch.
4. You can search for this model number on Google to find out the exact size and LTE support of the watch.
Samsung Galaxy Watch, Watch 3, Watch Active, and Watch Active 2 run on the TizenOS as of now. However, Samsung has moved to WearOS and there may not be new models running on Tizen anymore.
How to Find Galaxy Watch Model Number With Wearable App
Whether you are using a Tizen-based watch or WearOS based watch, you will be connected to the same app on your phone. You can use the Galaxy Wearable app to find out the model number easily.
1. First, if you have connected your watch to your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app and tap on the hamburger menu, and select your watch if you have multiple devices connected.
2. Here, you should find the model name at the top of the screen.
3. To find the exact model number, open Watch settings and select the About watch option.
4. Here you should find the model number of your Galaxy Watch.
5. Search the model number on Google to find out other details such as your watch’s size and LTE support.
How to Find Model Number of New Galaxy Watch
So if you have Galaxy Watch that isn’t set up yet, you will not be able to access its settings nor you can check the details from the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. But you can use the Galaxy Wearable app to find the model number of the new device.
Download the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and open it. Here tap on the Start button. On the next page, the device will be searching for nearby devices and should show you the model name of your watch.
If you are already using the app for some other device, open the Galaxy Wearable app, tap on the hamburger menu, and select Add new device option. This should also open the same scanning screen and should show you the model name of the watch.
With this method, you can only find the model name of the watch. But you can click on the device name and set it up to find the model number using the methods previously mentioned.
Galaxy Watch Model Number
You should have found out the model name and number of your Galaxy Watch using the Watch itself or phone. This is true even if the Watch isn’t set up yet. Note that the model number is enough to figure out other details like the size of the watch and LTE support using Google Search.
By the way, do you know how to use Google Maps on Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 series? We explain how in this step-by-step guide.