Samsung Galaxy Z series phones are full of hidden and interesting features. One such feature is the Flex mode which breaks down the app content into two screens when you put the phone down and fold it halfway. The top part shows the content while a set of controls or a touchpad appear at the bottom. If this unique feature isn’t working on your phone, you are at the right place. Let’s check how to fix Flex mode not working in Samsung Galaxy Z series phones i.e., Galaxy Fold and Flip.
Table of Contents
1. Restart the Phone
You should begin the troubleshooting process by restarting your phone. Often, the Flex mode doesn’t work due to a temporary bug. A restart is enough to fix the issue.
2. Enable Flex Mode for App
Flex mode doesn’t work for all apps by default. The supported apps include YouTube, Samsung Internet, Chrome, Calculator, Samsung Gallery, Google Duo, etc. So, you must verify and enable Flex mode for the desired app.
To enable Flex mode for your favorite app, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your phone.
2. Go to Advanced features > Labs.
3. Tap on the Flex mode panel.
4. Enable the toggle next to the app you want to use in Flex mode. If the toggle is already enabled, turn it off and then turn it on again.
Tip: Learn how to use split-screen like a pro on Samsung Galaxy phones.
3. Follow the Correct Steps to Use Flex Mode
One of the main mistakes that everyone makes when using Flex mode is not turning off the orientation lock. Basically, your phone should be set on auto-rotate instead of portrait mode at all times for flex mode to work. So when your phone is in Flex mode, the app will automatically rotate and adjust to the Flex mode.
Here are the correct steps to use Flex mode:
1. First, you will need to enable auto-rotate on your phone. For that, swipe down twice to open the quick settings panel. Tap on the Portrait tile to turn it off. After turning it off, it will say Auto rotate.
2. Now, open the app (make sure to enable it as shown above) and put your phone in Flex mode. The app automatically adjusts and shows the supported controls in the bottom panel.
Tip: Play the video to enter the Flex mode on YouTube.
4. Clear Cache
Next, you must try clearing the cache for the Flex mode panel. If the Flex mode doesn’t work for a particular app, you should clear its cache as well. Don’t worry for clearing cache will not delete data from the app. It will only remove temporary files.
1. Open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Z series phone.
2. Go to Apps.
3. Tap on the Filter and sort icon next to Your apps. Enable the toggle next to Show system apps. Tap on OK.
4. Now, look for the Flex mode panel either by scrolling down or using the search at the top. Once you find it, tap on it.
5. Then, tap on Storage followed by the Clear cache button.
6. Similarly, find the problematic app and clear its cache.
7. Restart your phone.
5. Update Apps
If the Flex mode doesn’t work for a particular app, you must update the app. There are chances that the issue is with the app version installed on your phone.
Simply, open Google Play Store or Galaxy Store (for Samsung apps). Search for the app that you want to update and hit the Update button. Check out other ways to update apps.
Make Most of Your Galaxy Z Series
I hope Flex mode starts working on your Samsung Galaxy Z series after following the above fixes. Once you are happy, check out the best multitasking features available on Galaxy Fold phones. Also, know how to use the taskbar in Fold phones.