Collages are such a fun way to edit multiple photos into one. No wonder many people love creating and sharing collages because just by glancing at one picture you can re-live many memories at a time. There are multiple ways to make a collage on the iPhone. We will share 4 free ways to create a collage on iPhone using apps you probably already use.
Table of Contents
Instagram is the biggest photo-sharing and hosting site so it comes as no surprise that you can use Instagram to create a collage on your iPhone. Let’s take a look at the steps to do so.
1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the + (add new) button.
3. Tap on STORY.
4. Tap on the Collage icon to begin.
5. The screen will now split into multiple parts. You can now use the shutter button to create a collage by capturing photos.
6. If you don’t like the default collage layout, tap on the more layouts icon to choose a different layout for your Instagram collage.
7. Tap on a layout to select it.
Note: Steps 6 and 7 are optional. If you are satisfied with the default layout, you can skip them and follow the next steps.
8. Once you are done with capturing photos for the collage, tap on the done (tick) button.
9. Now tap on the kebab menu (three dots icon).
10. Tap on Save and the collage will be saved on your iPhone. If you want to share that collage on Instagram, tap on the Your story to add the collage to your story.
Also Read: 6 Ways to Make a Photo and Video Collage for Instagram
The Shortcuts app on your iPhone is a versatile app. One of the many tasks you can accomplish is to create a quick collage on your iPhone. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Navigate to the Shortcuts app on your iPhone and tap to open it.
2. Tap on the Gallery tab.
3. Now tap on the search bar.
4. Search for Photo Grid and once the result appears, tap on the + to add this to your shortcuts.
5. Now tap on Cancel.
6. Navigate to the Shortcuts at the bottom of the screen.
7. Now tap on the newly added shortcut named Photo Grid.
8. Tap on the photos to select them for your collage.
9. Tap on Add to proceed further.
10. The generated collage will now appear on your iPhone screen. Tap on the share button.
11. Tap on Save Image to save the collage. The collage will now be saved in the Photos app on your iPhone.
Add Photo Collage Shortcut to Home Screen
iPhone allows you to add many things to the home screen for quick access. You can do the same with this shortcut if you often find yourself creating a collage on your iPhone. Let’s take a look at the steps to add this shortcut to the home screen of your iPhone.
1. Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the kebab menu (three dots icon) of the Photo Grid shortcut.
3. Tap on the down arrow to expand the options.
4. Tap on Add to Home Screen.
5. Now tap Add, and the shortcut will be added to your iPhone’s home screen.
Tip: 7 Best Ways to Draw on a Photo on iPhone.
3. Google Photos
If you have it installed, Google Photos is an excellent app to create and edit awesome collages on smartphones. Now allow me to show you how to make a collage on iPhone using Google Photos.
1. Open the Google Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Library tab.
3. Tap on Utilities to proceed further.
4. Now tap on Collage to begin.
5. Select the photos by tapping on them, and then tap on Create.
6. Scroll and choose a desired template for your collage. Once done, tap on Save. And the collage will be saved to your iPhone. You will find it in Google Photos as well as Photos app.
Layouts From Instagram
Instagram offers a standalone app called Layout that features more templates than the Instagram app itself when it comes to creating collages. And unlike Instagram, Layout allows you to create collages using photos stored on your device. Let’s take a look at how to install and use Layout to create a collage on iPhones.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone and navigate to the Search tab.
2. Tap on the search bar.
3. Search for layouts by/from Instagram and tap the Install button.
4. Once installed, tap on OPEN.
5. Allow the app access to your photos.
6. Select the photos for the collage by tapping on them.
7. Select a layout from the available ones by tapping on it.
8. Long-press on a photo to hold and drag it on top of another photo to re-order it according to your taste.
9. Once done with the editing part, tap on SAVE.
Tip: You can also use the handles to expand or hide photos according to your preference.
10. Tap on DONE and the collage will be saved on your iPhone.
Make Stunning Collages Right on Your iPhone
In short, if you want to create a collage in a hurry, Apple’s Shortcut app is a good choice. Use Instagram if you want to capture and make a collage right on your iPhone and also post it online with your friends. Google Photos is recommended if you want to create a collage from existing or saved images or save collages in the cloud. But if you want to put some time and effort into creating an appealing collage, I would suggest you go with the Layouts app for the sheet number of variety and options. With the help of the above-mentioned apps and methods, you can easily express your creativity by creating awesome collages right on your iPhone.
Are you struggling to keep high-quality photos on your iPhone? Learn how to get full-resolution photos back on your iPhone From iCloud.