Do you want to blur text, hide a face, or censor any other sensitive information like phone number, card details, etc., from a photo on your iPhone? You have arrived at the right place. In this post, we will tell you how to blur or pixelate a part of an image using a native feature and also with the help of a third-party app. Let’s check four different ways to blur out a part of a picture on an iPhone.
Table of Contents
1. Using Markup Editor
The iPhone’s Markup editor offers a native tool to hide sensitive information in photos. While it’s not a proper blur feature, it gets the job done as you will see in the following steps. This method comes in handy to censor text from photos.
1. Launch the Apple Photos app and open the picture in which you want to hide text or face.
2. Tap on the Edit button at the top and press the Pen icon to open the Markup editor.
3. Tap on the (+) icon at the bottom of the Markup editor and select the Square box from the menu.
4. Tap on the Square/circle shape icon at the bottom and choose the filled-in square present on the left side.
5. Drag the box over the area that you want to hide. Also, you can adjust the size of the box using the blue circles.
6. You can also change the color of the filled-in box to black or grey from the colors at the bottom.
7. Finally, tap on Done at the top right corner followed by Done again on the screen that shows up to save the edited image. Please note that the edited image will replace the original image after saving.
Pro Tip: To remove the filled-in square from your image, open the image and tap on the Edit button. Press Revert to undo any edits.
2. Using Third-Party App
If you want to use an actual blur effect to hide something on your photo, you will have to use a third-party app for that. Follow these steps to blur part of a picture on an iPhone using the third-party app:
1. Install and open the Blur photo editor app on your iPhone. You can even use the Photo Un.Blur app.
2. Tap on the Blur Photo option and select the photo on which you want to pixelate something.
3. Make sure the Touch blur option is selected. Then, draw on the part of the image that you want to hide using your finger. You can use the slider to adjust the strength of the blur on the image.
4. When done, tap on the Forward arrow at the top.
5. Press the Download icon to save the edited image on your iPhone.
Tip: You might see the app’s pop-up screen to buy the premium version. Just tap on the (X) icon at the top.
3. Using WhatsApp
If you want to send a picture with a face or certain information blurred in WhatsApp, you can use WhatsApp’s blur feature directly. To add blur to a photo on WhatsApp, follow these steps:
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Open the chat where you want to send the image.
3. Tap on the (+) icon and select Photo & video library.
4. Select the photo whose part you want to pixelate.
5. The photo will open in the WhatsApp photo editor. Tap on the Pen icon at the top.
6. Tap on the Blur style pen (the right-most one) and start drawing on the part of the picture that you want to blur.
7. Pres Done and hit the Send button to share the image.
Pro Tip: Know how to send messages to yourself on WhatsApp.
4. Using Online Tools
In addition to the above methods, you can also use free online tools in a browser to blur a part of a picture on your iPhone.
1. Open peko-step.com in a browser on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the File button and select Open Image files.
3. Choose Photo library and select the image on your iPhone that you want to pixelate.
4. Once the image loads in the editor, tap on the Zoom button at the bottom and select a lower zoom option. If you choose the regular zoom size, you might face issues while editing the image.
5. Press the Tools button and tap on the Pixelate icon.
6. Use the Pixel size slider to adjust the strength of the blur.
7. Using your finger, draw a rectangular box on the part of the image that you want to blur.
8. Hit the Apply button. You will see that the selected part will be blurred.
9. Long press on this image and select Save to photos to download the image to your phone.
You can also use other online tools like blur-photo.com and ezgif.com to hide a part of picture on an iPhone.
Tip: Check out 5+ ways to draw on an image on iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can somebody else remove the blur from the photo?
No. Others cannot remove the blur from parts of images.
2. Can you remove the background from an image on iPhone?
Yes, you can remove the background from a photo on iPhone in multiple ways.
Edit Photos on iPhone
Now that you know how to blur a part of a picture on an iPhone, learn how to blur faces in a video. Also, know how to put a picture over another picture on iPhone.