The BeReal app is getting more popular day by day. One would get annoyed if the BeReal app suddenly stopped working on their phone. Is that happening with you? Are you unable to post on the BeReal app? Or, is the BeReal app crashing on your phone? Whatever the issue with the BeReal app, this post shall help you. Let’s check different ways to fix BeReal app not working on Android or iPhone.
Table of Contents
1. Restart the Phone
The first thing that you must do if the BeReal app isn’t working is to restart your phone. A simple restart fixes any minor problems that could be making the BeReal app crash.
2. Check the Internet Connection
If you are unable to post on the BeReal app or the BeReal feed doesn’t load, you should check whether your internet connection is working or not on your phone. The chances are the problem could be in your internet connection.
Launch any browser on your Android or iPhone and open any website. If the website doesn’t load, your internet is the culprit. Here are some tips to fix the internet connection:
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on Airplane mode on your phone for a few seconds and turn it off again.
- Switch to mobile data from Wi-Fi or vice versa.
Tip: Learn how to fix Android connected to Wi-Fi but no internet.
3. Update BeReal App
Often, the reason for BeReal not working can be a bug in the app itself. Therefore, you must update the app to the latest version to fix such issues.
Open Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone) and search for BeReal. Tap on the Update button.
4. Turn off VPN
Are you using any VPN service on your phone? You should turn it off and see if it fixes the issue of BeReal app not working.
5. Clear Cache
You can also try clearing the cache of the BeReal app. Doing so will not log you out of the app. It will only remove temporary files that will help in fixing problems with the app.
BeReal app offers a native method to clear its cache on both Android and iPhone. Follow these steps for the same:
1. Open the BeReal app on your phone.
2. Tap on your picture or initials at the top-right corner.
3. Again, tap on the three-dot icon at the top.
4. Go to Other and press the Clear cache button.
5. Restart your phone.
If that doesn’t fix the issue, you can try clearing the cache of the BeReal app from phone settings. Please note that you can do this only on Android.
Go to Android phone Settings > Apps > BeReal > Storage. Tap on the Clear cache button. Restart the phone after clearing the cache.
Pro Tip: If clearing the cache doesn’t help on Android, press the Clear data button instead of Clear cache. Please note that doing so will log you out from the BeReal app and delete any customizations you have made to the BeReal app settings.
6. Grant Camera Permission
If you are unable to post a BeReal, you should check whether the app has permission to use the camera or not.
Grant Camera Permission on iPhone
To grant camera access to the BeReal app on iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on BeReal.
3. Enable the toggle next to Camera.
Grant Camera Permission on Android
Similarly, follow these steps on Android to give camera permission to the BeReal app:
1. Open Settings on your Android phone.
2. Go to Apps and tap on BeReal.
3. Tap on Permissions followed by Camera and select Allow.
7. Re-login to App
Next, you must log out of the BeReal app and re-login again. To do so, follow these steps:
1. In the BeReal app, tap on the profile picture icon at the top followed by the three-dot icon.
2. Scroll down and tap on Log out.
3. Restart your phone and log in again to the BeReal app. Hopefully, the app should start working now.
8. Reinstall App
If none of the above fixes helped in resolving the BeReal app not working issue, you should try reinstalling the app. Please note that reinstalling the BeReal app will log you out of your account. Learn in detail what happens you reinstall an app.
Follow these steps to reinstall the BeReal app:
1. You must first uninstall the BeReal app from your phone.
On iPhone, long press the BeReal app icon and select Delete app.
On Android, go to Settings > Apps > BeReal. Tap on the Uninstall button.
2. Once uninstalled, restart your phone.
3. Then, go to Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone) and search for BeReal. Tap on the Install button.
9. Reset Phone Settings
Lastly, if nothing seems to help, you should try resetting the settings on your phone. Please keep in mind that doing so will reset all the settings such as permissions, notification settings, data settings, etc., to their default values. You will have to set them again.
To reset settings on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Transfer or reset > Reset > Reset settings.
On Android, go to Settings > General management (or System) > Reset > Reset settings.
Tips to Use BeReal
I hope the BeReal app starts working after following the fixes mentioned above. Once things are back on track, learn how to upload BeReal without your location. Also, know how to change BeReal emojis.