One of the best features of Google Chrome is autofill which fills in details such as passwords, addresses, and payment info. But in order for the feature to work, first, the browser should have the necessary details to fill in. You can do it in multiple ways. One is by adding payment details in Chrome itself while the other is where you can add payment details to your Google account. So here’s how to add, delete and edit payment methods on Chrome and some doubts you may have.
Table of Contents
How to Add Payment Methods to Google Chrome
With Google Chrome, you can add payment methods like debit and credit card details. To add your preferred payment methods to the Google Chrome browser directly:
1. Open the Chrome browser and click on the kebab menu (three-dot menu) at the top right corner.
2. In the pop-up menu, select the Settings option.
3. In Settings, select the Autofill option in the left sidebar.
4. On the Autofill page, click on the Payment methods option.
5. Now besides the Payment methods heading, click on the Add button.
6. In the pop-up window that opens, enter your credit/debit card details such as card number, name on the card, and expiry date. Finally, give a nickname to the card. So when you want to fill in the card details, instead of your name, you can find the card nickname which makes it easy to distinguish between different card profiles.
How to Add Payment Methods to Your Google Pay and Sync it with Chrome
While you can only add card details in Google Chrome, with Google Pay, you can add bank accounts and also Google Store Financing Card if you have one. To add payment methods to Google Play:
1. Open Google Search and click on the profile icon at the top right corner.
2. Then select the Manage your Google Account button to open Google Account settings.
3. On the Google Account settings page, select the Payments and subscriptions option in the left sidebar.
4. Now select the Manage payment methods option under the Payment methods option.
5. It opens the Google payments center, here click on the Add payment method option.
6. On the next page, select whether you want to add a credit/debit card, bank account, or Google Store card.
7. Proceed with the selected process by adding the necessary details and clicking on the Save button to save the payment profile.
Even if you have added the payment details from Google Pay, you should see them on Google Chrome’s Autofill page.
How to Edit/Delete Payment Details on Google Chrome
To delete or edit the added payment details:
1. Open Chrome > kebab menu > Settings > Autofill > Payment methods and you should find payment methods that are already added.
2. Now click on the kebab menu (three-dot menu) beside the payment method that you want to delete or edit. If you cannot find the kebab menu beside the payment method, it means that method is added from Google Pay and can be deleted or edited from Google Pay only.
3. On the menu, select the Remove option to delete it instantly. You can also select the Edit option to open the pop-up window to edit the card details to something. For example, you got a new card or old card was upgrade?
4. Once done editing, click on the Save button to save the changes.
How to Edit/Delete Payment Details on Google Pay
To edit payment details added from Google Pay:
1. Open Google > profile icon > Manage your Google Account > Payments and subscriptions > Manage payment methods just like you did when adding payment details above.
2. Here you should find all the payment methods that you have added through Google Pay. Just click on the Remove option below them to delete the specific payment method.
3. By clicking on Edit, you can update the payment details.
How to Use Saved Payment Methods on Google Chrome
To use the saved payment methods, first, you need to make sure a few settings are turned on.
1. Open the kebab menu > Settings > Autofill > Payment methods. Here make sure the toggle beside Save and fill payment methods are enabled. This will instruct Chrome to fill in payment details when needed.
2. If you have added your payment methods on Google Pay, then you need to sync them to Chrome. You can do that by opening the kebab menu > Settings > You and Google > Sync and Google services > Manage what you sync. Here you can select Sync everything. But if you are only syncing a few services only, make sure Payment methods, offers, and addresses using the Google pay option is enabled. So that you can use the payment methods.
Once done, the entire process works flawlessly automatically. Just open any payment page, and Chrome browser will automatically suggest you the payment details to fill it moving forward.
Weather you are adding the payment details on Google Chrome or Google Pay, it works similarly and auto-fills when needed. However, when you add details to Google Pay, add only card details as it is the only method that works on Google Chrome. Apart from payment methods, you can also use the autofill option on Google Chrome for filling passwords and addresses. Also, if you prefer to delete all your autofill details, instead of removing them one by one, you can clear autofill in Google Chrome at once.